THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Any PH's making their clients walk more due to high petro prices?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any PH's making their clients walk more due to high petro prices?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cross L:
Jeeps

SSR

General purpose vehicle; gp's; jeeps, bearing very little resemblance to what has been passed off as Jeeps lately. Big Grin

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I go clear back to the old mil surp dodge powerwagons Now there was a 4wd that would go anywhere, you wouldnt have any kidneys left but you would get there

tu2

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please.

Tell me we aren't drifting back to 1974 when that saying "ASS, Grass, or Gas: nobody rides for free anymore..." first came out on bumper stickers?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Rich
Yup! Those buggers with 15lb mortars are going to be toooo tired to shoot sh*te from now on? The days of banging at jumbos with a 7x57 are on the way back. With the high price of air freight, any accidents will be ukufihla [ed] in the bush right away. Big Grin

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
the old girl is twenty-one years old this year. tu2 Cool

Just a youngster mate! - Wait till she's thirty one years old like my baby! Smiler

Actually, joking aside for a moment, has anyone seen the new Landcruiser yet?

er....where do i fit the buffalo, tool kits, wildebeast and client,appy and two trackers......or is the roof very strong??

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
She doesn't do much work nowadays mate (except in an emergency when the Toyota breaks animal ) but when she does, the trailer goes on the back and the trackers get given pangas to cut the bush back on the narrow bits. rotflmo

And I'm not kidding! Eeker

I did say she's my baby! rotflmo

Toolkit (not that I need one) spares (not that I need (or have Wink ) many!) recovery kit (not that I need one) and personal items all go into the back. rotflmo

Joking aside, I only use the truck for fun and occasionally moving clients from somewhere like RSA to Bots but the one thing the truck isn't short of is space...... she can sit 6 at a push and shitloads of baggage.

I don't ever try to squeeze her through narrow gaps in the bush and NEVER bushbash with her..... I really do have the guys cut the bush back if necessary and if there's no guys around, I do it myself.

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
SSSHHHH!!! {LOUD WHISPER} DON'T TELL ANY ONE, BUT SHE HAS HER OWN SET OF BLOCKS TO REST ON WHILE THE SPARES ARE ON THE HIGH SEAS. There are toooo many to send airfreight, ttoooo 'spensive!!

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Forward planning is (nearly animal ) the answer........ the SA postal service is the problem.

A week from the US to Jo'burg, a month from Jo'burg to Nelspruit and another bloody month from Nelspruit to White River! Confused

Ah well....... she's well worth it. All I have to do is slide into the seat, turn the key and the burble of that wonderful V8 engine puts a big smile on my face before I even put her into drive! tu2

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ah well....... she's well worth it. All I have to do is slide into the seat, turn the key and the burble of that wonderful V8 engine puts a big smile on my face before I even put her into drive! Then I switch her off, slide off my seat, lose my smile and then check that she is secure on the blocks. CRYBABY

jumping jumping

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Oh yes.... .very fu*kin' droll! clap

one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh yes.... .very fu*kin' droll! clap

Steve, You sure don't use Afrikaans much, but when you do......... Priceless! jumping

In good hunting.

Andrew McLaren

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Focking droll, focking computer, focking FAX and focking cell phone are the only Afrikans I know....besides focking bakkie

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Focking price of petrol for a 5.7 litre V8 engine. jumping

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Focking Obama

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Focking price of petrol for a 5.7 litre V8 engine. jumping

TOYOTA 2.4 diesel, Obama and the oil dudes don't do too well!! Big Grin

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I know I've said this before...... but

BITCH! animal

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom In Tennessee:
Focking droll, focking computer, focking FAX and focking cell phone are the only Afrikans I know....besides focking bakkie

There you go Tom, we will have you fluent in no time at all lol .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's Uncle Tom to you!

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom In Tennessee:
That's Uncle Tom to you!
old

Uncle? Didn't know that I had relatives in the States. Do you think that you could organise a "green card" for me please? Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
Thats Oom Tom to be politically correct......Tom, no green cards for this bunch.....besides they will only come back to shoot stuff in Africa anyway!!!!!

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zimFrosty:
Thats Oom Tom to be politically correct......Tom, no green cards for this bunch.....besides they will only come back to shoot stuff in Africa anyway!!!!!

And maybe pay with DOLLARS!! Big Grin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
My Ph made me walk for bloody miles every day when the petrol was 25 cents a gallon!

And as long as I can keep up with him, I have no objection to walking.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68685 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
My Ph made me walk for bloody miles every day when the petrol was 25 cents a gallon!

And as long as I can keep up with him, I have no objection to walking.

Yeah! It is just carrying the bloody buffaloes back. Cool
And the whole thing is made worse when the pH owns a 30 year old Jeep that no-one is allowed to get dirty or mark. dancing

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Bugger that mate..... My Jeep and I are pretty much retired from the field now.....

Just the occasional one for me nowadays and even fewer for the Jeep..... I think the truck has arthritis as well as me. rotflmo