THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Any PH's making their clients walk more due to high petro prices?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any PH's making their clients walk more due to high petro prices?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just paid $ 4.11 a gallon in Southern California and I know the prices are higher in Southern Africa. Any of you PH's out there making your clients walk more to help save money? We tend to be overweight anyway and could use the exercise. Just wondering.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
if a PH makes you walk more to save on fuel, you are hunting with the wrong outfit!!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13398 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder what we will debate next!!!

Posts: 2570 | Location: New York, USA | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Mike, I'm rolling on the floor. Big Grin Cool

jdollar and reddy375, you guys need to find your senses of humor! Wink

Speaking only for myself, I TELL the PH at the outset that I want to walk. As in spot and stalk. Or track and stalk.

NO truck stalking or worse, truck shooting.

Unfortunately, some of them need to hear that.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13624 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
You mean like from the airport?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Now that's getting serious.. Big Grin

Posts: 351 | Location: Junee, NSW, Australia | Registered: 13 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:

Damn straight, from the airstrip! Big Grin

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13624 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:

NAH!! Donkey cart to and from the airport,[allow an extra four days travel] on foot from the lodge anywhere. The day fees will now include extra for the fuel to run the genny. If you elect not to pay, just bring your own candles. Big Grin

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, there will be changes for sure

We have acquired a couple of tandem bycycles, local on the front pedalling, client on the back,

For the Luxury safaris, we have also added the donkey/ox cart for those gentelmen too lazy too walk,

and bugger those shitty short 5,7,12 day hunts, those Wallmart days re over boys, now we walk, and carry back what we shoot everyday as well.

So fit up, shut up and get with the program

Walter Enslin
kwansafaris@mweb.co.za
DRSS- 500NE Sabatti
450 Rigby
416 Rigby

Posts: 512 | Location: South Africa, Mozambique, USA,  | Registered: 09 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Pogo sticks might be a good alternative as they'd let you see over the tall elephant grass.... animal

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
If they really want to save fuel then they would by a Land Rover. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to worry...Obama has approved a subsidy electric Rovers / Cruisers for use in the bush.

See, he has saved the day once again!

bsflag

One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:

Real fuel savers on account they spend so much time in the repair shop! Roll Eyes

SUSTAINABLY HUNTING THE BLUE PLANET!
"Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give an appearence of solidity to pure wind." Dr J A du Plessis

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scriptus:
Real fuel savers on account they spend so much time in the repair shop! Roll Eyes

Just remind me what vehicle you were welding back together the other week after if hit a bit if bad road and fell apart?

animal animal animal

It's never over in a Rover mate! Wink

One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:

LOL! I hope it never goes so bad, that I will have to drive a Land Rover...

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
Adam, I did hear that some are offering a new Aussie Plan, they don't charge a day rate but do bill clients by the case. beer

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Question, is it legal to shoot from the back of a bicycle? Big Grin

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
John Sharpe does not have a car and conducts all his safaris on foot. The old way.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9954 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the looks of some of the "hunters" recently on even the more prominent hunting shows, a bit (lots of) walking would be in order. Can't believe how overweight, out of shape lots of folks everywhere are. fishing
Definitely not a food shortage for a lot of folks yet.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I always thought of the vehicule as being an important part in the hunt.Not only can you cover large areas walking and searching but you do the same driving and searching for animal signs etc...Spending alot of fuel can be a good thing.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shakari:
Just remind me what vehicle you were welding back together the other week after if hit a bit if bad road and fell apart?

animal animal animal

It's never over in a Rover mate! Wink

A bit of bad road?? Forty k's of first and second gear on what was a road and is now transformed into a dry river bed. Besides, it was only the exhaust that had to repaired. And the old girl is twenty-one years old this year. tu2 Cool

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
quote:
the old girl is twenty-one years old this year. tu2 Cool

Just a youngster mate! - Wait till she's thirty one years old like my baby! Smiler

Actually, joking aside for a moment, has anyone seen the new Landcruiser yet?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the new one with NO head lights or the new one with the passenger side door and seat ejectors????? jumping

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
From the looks of some of the "hunters" recently on even the more prominent hunting shows, a bit (lots of) walking would be in order. Can't believe how overweight, out of shape lots of folks everywhere are. fishing
Definitely not a food shortage for a lot of folks yet.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

MAN,AIN'T THAT THE TRUTH!!. it is almost impossible to find a hunting show where the client isn't AT LEAST 50 lbs overweight- quite often a lot more. thank God for Landcruisers, even if you do get charged more! otherwise most hunting shows would never be made.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13398 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually, joking aside for a moment, has anyone seen the new Landcruiser yet?

Steve, if you're referring to the new FJ cruiser, I haven't seen one in the flesh, but Toyota is doing a lot of advertising on tv for them here.

Posts: 351 | Location: Junee, NSW, Australia | Registered: 13 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
John

They call it the LC79 anniversary model here.

We don't get the V8 engine like you guys do but this one comes with a V6 diesel or V6 petrol engine, leather seats, spots, GPS and all kinds of other goodies including a choice of colours. Until now, we only had a choice of white or baby shit brown but now get most, if not all of the other colours as well.

I don't know if the new one is as tough as the old one but it certainly comes with a much higher comfort level.

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C:
Adam, I did hear that some are offering a new Aussie Plan, they don't charge a day rate but do bill clients by the case. beer

The Zim saying "we can make a plan" applies very well with Aussies.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
John Sharpe does not have a car and conducts all his safaris on foot. The old way.

Not when we bumped into him snoozing beside his Cruiser while we clapped a Buff.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dear Guy's

You do not need to go to Africa to find expensive fuel.
Just come to Aussie twice the price of the USA.

A few of my mates have the V8 cruser. Just hope it dose not break down as you will never be able to fix it with out a computer.
Saying that no issues in the first 30,000km.

With all the electrical gear on board do not place it in the river either.

I have seen this last week in the Toyota show room window as I drive past, what looks like a junior land cruser. (cheap looking)

Shakari how have you not hit a donkey in so many years on the road?

Regards Mark

Posts: 376 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 June 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Mate, it's because my truck has decent lights on it (unlike Landies and Toyotas) and even when I do hit the odd one, they just bounce off of the Jeep. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends which Landcruiser you mean guys - I suspect you are all talking about different vehicles... these are the models available in Australia - all V8's (except the bottom one - FJ Cruiser) - but with all vastly different running gear. The first one os my favourite!! I believe they are also going to bring the Tundra out here soon too - if not already here...

Wagon

Utility - hunting rig!!

200 series - expensive junk.

FJ Cruiser - pure junk

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Matt

According to the email they sent me, it's called the Landcruiser LC79 anniversary model. I notice that the loadbed in your 2nd pic down is different to the one we get here.

Here's the LC79.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes the 79 model was the same here, prior to 70 model, still had the straight 6 engine. You are just about 4 years behind us - thats all...

The 70 here has the V-8..

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
You don't know how much I envy you aussies those V8 engines...... man it'd make such a difference!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You don't know how much I envy you aussies those V8 engines...... man it'd make such a difference!
Cant you just put an aftermarket turbo on the 6 CYL?? Does much the same thing!!

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
Don't know mate but I did hear a rumour that they might offer a turbo option..... whach would make a lot of difference

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd look at the aftermarket turbo options.. You would be wanting to know however that the gearbox in the model you have isnt the shitty little one though...

With regard to the trays... those big flat beds are manufactured here in Aust by lots of small companies. You buy the truck as a cab-chassis and have the tray made like that, so it can drop all three sides and carry max load. This is most popular. Otherwise you can order them with the 'tub' like the ones you have.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised they import them without the tub but it's a bloody good idea though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Tundra is a great truck......on pavement

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Matt, the Cruisers that we can get in Southern Africa, has that shitty gearbox... About the only bad thing you can say about them.
The 5th gear is an overdrive, and a sure way to bugger it up, is by towing anything heavier tahn a Venter trailer, or loading anything heavier tahn around 500kg on the back, and then drive it in fith gear...

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1336 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote