THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Where in Africa would you like to hunt in the next 2 or 3 years?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where in Africa would you like to hunt in the next 2 or 3 years?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cameroon for forest elephant and buffalo
Nyae Nyae in Namibia for trophy elephant. I hunted there last year for a non-trophy bull and saw what is in that concession.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would just like to go back to the Limpopo and hunt Greater Kudu again and again and again

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Zambia

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13399 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
No plans to return to Africa for a while. Have other things going on but if I had to return to a spot I previously hunted it would be Block L-7 in the Niassa Reserve in Northern Mozambique.

Cheers
Jim

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
What can one expect price wise when it come to Forest elephant in Cameroon?
Just an idea, give and take...

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gracedog:
I would just like to go back to the Limpopo and hunt Greater Kudu again and again and again

Me too.

Posts: 1077 | Location: NT, Australia | Registered: 10 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
The $40 million lotto was won by 3 lucky people last week.

If I win the next one, here what I might consider (after the basics like tithing, mortgauge, kids' trust etc.)

First I would get myself a nice double rifle & a classic bolt rifle

Then I would like to hunt the following places

Botswana for PG, Namibia for PG, buffalo, elephant & birds, South Africa for Caracal & some PG, Zimbabwe for buffalo, tuskless, hippo and leopard, Zambia for leopard, sable, roan etc with Andrew, Mozambique for buffalo & croc, Uganda for Kob & Nile buffalo, Congo, CAR & West Africa for the exotics, Burkina Faso for a tracked lion & giant eland, Ethiopia for Leopard, Lesser Kudu, & a BIG croc. Tanzania for a 30 day full bag hunt.

Then start all over again.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11221 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Is the hunting of kudu in Limpopo any different to Botswana or Namibia?

quote:
Originally posted by Gracedog:

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Botswana to hunt with Jason Bridger at Tholo and surrounding farms. I think hunting famrs around ghanzi for kudu would be a blast.

Zim to hunt in Save Conservancy with Save Safaris - Leon Duplessis and Mike Payne.

Elsewhere maybe Benin to hunt savanna buffalo - only DG i really want to hunt. Zambia if Andrew Baldry does another AR group hunt.

But I am done with trophy hunting - have little interest in bringing back anything.

I would like to spend a fair bit of time in Africa at the national parks and self drive around Botswana and Namibia.

I also want to spend a week or more on the cape shark diving.

The more I have hunted the less interest I have in hunting going forward. Definitely have become a hunting lightweight.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nakihunter, I don't know if Kudu hunting is any different in Botswana or Namibia, as the Limpopo is the only place that I have hunted in Africa. I only know that it was close to idyllic as can be,

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
If I were to dream there are to many places to list.

In the real world im thinking a spiral horn safari in southern Zim or Moz.

Eland
Nayla
bush buck
I already have a big kudu but certainly wouldn't mind another big one.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tanzania would be my dream but I will settle for about anywhere over there. dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Naki you have covered most of what I dream of. However as I am not likely to win the lotto I hope to get to Namibia I a couple of yeas for plains game, mainly Gemsbok and Kudu. Would also like to hunt Ele I the Caprivi strip.

Posts: 492 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 26 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I was obviously dreaming.

I seriousness I would love to be able to spend say $10k (door to door) and do a week of PG & birds in Botswana or Namibia.

When I visited Botswana in 2014 I was amazed at the huge areas with little population and lots of game even by the road.

The birds by the pans were just amazing. Just missed actually seeing falcons catching doves and sand grouse. I actually heard the strike & the cry of the bird above my head and saw the falcon fly away with its catch!

One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
I would love to do the elephant bull hunt that Karl Stumpfe has listed in

the classifieds section, that would really be a dream hunt!

Another leopard hunt at Sango in the Save Valley with Thierry Labat

would be close second! Maybe a small cat safari in South Africa for

Serval & Caracal? Lastly, a great plains game safari in Botswana or Namibia,

with an emphasis on Oryx/Gemsbok. Yeah, any of these would be awesome!

Posts: 521 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where ever I can (afford to ) get a giant forest hog dancing

Posts: 1094 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
Zambia!.............................................................But alas!!!! CRYBABY I doubt it will happen!

Mac get out your walking stick and some of those fine doubles and get your self a first class ticket. If you pass onto the happy hunting grounds during the safari I promise to return the guns to your next of kin. Promise.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
If I could afford it I would hunt Leopard in remote lands of Zambia.

Lesser Kudu or the Giant Lord Derby would be another choice.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A couples group hunt somewhere in Zambia with Andrew & Thor to PH

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a couple non trophy Jumbo in the Zambezi Valley or a couple Buff in The Zambezi Delta.
More than likely it will be an Ausie Buffalo or another Banteng in the Remote Arhnem Land of Australia's Northern Territory.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mountain zebra and warthog with Johann Veldsman in Namibia Smiler
(I have to blood my Kimber 8400 which just got a new barrel in 338-06 A-Square Wink)

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote