Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who is responsible?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
To all that responded i geuss that all ph"s have been hunting since they where young. So your father never thought you to shoot in to a heard of animals?.

Posts: 10 | Location: Ohrigstad RSA | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by borg:
To all that responded i geuss that all ph"s have been hunting since they where young. So your father never thought you to shoot in to a heard of animals?.

Shooting at an animal which has been declared to have been 30 yds distant and forward of the group implies it was in a solitary position and cannot therefore be regarded as "shooting into the herd".

If the shooter cannot place a bullet into an 8" square @ 20yds he needs to do some target practice before going hunting - period.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The client may be safely home and refusing to pay, but if the contract reads as represented, that is a breach. Did he shoot any trophies that were to be shipped under the contract had it not been breached? I'm just saying ...

Posts: 10363 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The client pays the fee for the extra animal simple as that. Poor shooting on his part. That being said, the PH should break open a bottle of single malt and sit by the fire and have a good laugh about it. You budget for this when planning a safari. Its not like the old days!

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George- in the 'old days' each client had 3 or 4 buff on quota. the odd mistake wasn't a problem!

Even 20 years ago, the operators had sufficient 'spare' animals to write off that an accident- whether PH induced or the clients fault was not a problem and the 'fee' to national parks for the 'extra' animal was negligable (US$400 for the first 10 years of my hunting). If it WAS the PH's error he could afford to cough up. Today, no PH can afford the US $2500-3k demanded by many so all become the clients 'problem'...just the way it is I am afraid - and even more so in countries where the PH salarie and Operators cut are pared to the bone. If you are paying US$25,000 for a buff hunt (recent quote from Namibia) you have more 'rights' and leeway than if you are paying $11,000 'all in' in Zimbabwe. The basic costs are still the same! (if not actually higher in Zim).

Borg- all buffalo were a 'problem' when I was a kid and to be shot on sight- shoot throughs were a bonus.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote