THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Hunt Geo: A new digital hunting magazine.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunt Geo: A new digital hunting magazine.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Zig Mackintosh
posted
We are pleased to announce the launch of Hunt Geo, a quarterly, interactive, multimedia, digital hunting publication for iPad available for free through Apple’s iBook store.

Our mission is to provide thoughtful insight into the principle of conservation through hunting. We also aim to present entertaining video, written articles and photography from around the world in this exciting new medium.

The first volume of Hunt Geo includes:

• Bongo hunting in Cameroon.
• The fascinating story of the Sulieman markhor of Pakistan.
• The Art of the Mount, a column about the taxidermy process.
• A video interview with Jeff Crane, president of the US Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation.
• Game Warden Diaries, the first in a series of video interviews with the controversial conservationist Ron Thomson.
• Banteng, Australia’s unique opportunity by Matt Graham.
• Hunting Botswana’s big tuskers: the full-length video feature of Larry Shores’ 2012 hunting safari.
• Images of Africa, the photography of Anton Dahlgren.
• Audio book, the first part of the story of Cecil John Rhodes.
• Field Notes, the grey ghost of the bushveld.
• Campfire Embers, a video interview with veteran PH Frans Coupe.
• Moose hunting in the Alaskan wilderness by Greg Brownlee.
• Classic Hunting Books: the first part of W.N McMillan’s hunting expedition to Sudan, Abyssinia and British East Africa.

For your free copy of this magazine click on the link below to go to the US iBook store.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/bo...l-1/id626159381?ls=1

We hope that you will enjoy the publication and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 240 | Location: South Africa/Zimbabwe | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Great stuff Zig.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the project mate!!

Perhaps you should have put 'Sullivan' in the topic heading!!! rotflmo

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Great stuff Zig.

You should work up some of your outstanding prose in an article for him.

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7624 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Frostbit:
quote:
Great stuff Zig.

You should work up some of your outstanding prose in an article for him.
tu2 tu2 tu2

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Zig...Just watched your movie on Lions that I got from Greg.
Outstanding! tu2

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Zig has done more for the conservation of Lion than any other person I know.

Chaps like this are few and far between.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please make this available for Android. Not all of us have drank the apple koolaid. coffee

Posts: 513 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akpls:
Please make this available for Android. Not all of us have drank the apple koolaid. coffee

but it's SOOOO good! Big Grin

I'll be looking this up when I can wrestle the ipad away from my 5 year old

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Zig has done more for the conservation of Lion than any other person I know.

Chaps like this are few and far between.

that's impossible. everyone knows joloburn is the best thing that has ever happened to wildlife conservation in Africa, especially lions Confused

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13400 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crickey Andrew, that is one hell of a compliment but not true. All that we are trying to do is get the message out about the work people like you are doing at Royal Kafue. TGTS and Bwanamitch in Tanzania is another good example. There is a lot of good work that hunting operations are doing for both wildlife and human communities across the world but it goes unnoticed. The mainstream media is not interested.

But for Hunt Geo to work we need readers so please, anyone out there who has an iPad please download it and tell us what you think. Tell your friends and antis as well!!

Akpls,

Unfortunately at this time iBooks is only available on iPad. I don't know if Apple plans to make it available on other tablets but I doubt that they will. iBooks is available in 51 countries and they are expanding.

Matt G,

Thanks for the encouragement and we look forward to your next article on politics and hunting in Australia. I am still trying to figure out how to include Sullivan in the thread title to get more hits!!

Frostbit,

I filmed an interview with Andrew in Royal Kafue and it will be featured in a future edition of HG.

Matt U,

Thanks for the compliment, I am glad that you enjoyed the lion movie.

Posts: 240 | Location: South Africa/Zimbabwe | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone downloaded this yet? Any feedback?

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
I really like it Zig and this is how all magazines should look like in the future with integrated videos etc! You guys must be the company in Africa that holds most videos of hunting camps, different species/ countries etc - Why not a hunting video app ? you can search by country, species or just look at camps that you are going to stay in. At least I would buy a App like that!

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sjb
posted Hide Post
Downloaded to my I-Pad, it is now my favourite Hunting Magazine! Top job to everyone involved, truly is the Hunting Magazine of the future. Especially enjoyed the Game warden interview, not to mention the Video of Larry Shore Big Tuskers, the outstanding photo's........
Can see a lot of effort has gone into the planning of the entire set-up, very user friendly. The idea of the 15 min Video's works extremely well.
The only question I have is when is the next edition going to be available? Smiler and is there an easy way to be notified that it is on the iBook store?
Congratulations to all involved
Scott

Posts: 218 | Location: NSW , Australia | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anton,

Thanks for that. A very good idea of yours and worth looking into.

Scott,

I am glad to hear that you liked it. We are hoping to bring the magazine out on a quarterly basis so the next issue will be in July. We have a lot of material so I am positive each issue will be better than the last. At this stage I don't think that Apple has a way of notifying when the new issue is available but we will figure out some way of letting people know, probably through Facebook.

If you have a Facebook account please click on the link below and "Like" the page.

https://www.facebook.com/HuntGeo/

Thanks!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Zig,
I just stumbled onto this thread and you magazine. What a delight! Well written and produced. I was especially delighted with the Botswana video as we are headed there in June to Hunt with Butler and Holbrow and Murray. What a treat to see such a well done preview of what we have in store. Can't say thanks enough and can't wait for the next issue. Keep up the good work! Jim

Posts: 29 | Location: Missouri, usa | Registered: 26 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Jim,

Thanks for the compliment and I am glad that you enjoyed the magazine. The next edition will be out in July. Good luck on your safari with Murray Hibbs and Butler and Holbrow Safaris. Murray is a great guy and a good hunter. Hold out for the big one!!