New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Hunter Is Taken To Task!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 68690 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
If you read the comments posted below the article, you will get an idea of the depth of ignorance and propaganda we are up against. Twots ! Mad

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Same rhetoric verbatim. They (anti's) must all read the same book as they always give the same lame lines. I wouldn't trade places with any of them...such a sad lot they are.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6814 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
When confronted by such idiots, I simply say "Go forth, and procreate thyself".

Posts: 3901 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
The unfortunate thing is the anti hunting crowd is smarter than we hunters are! We bitch to each other sort of, preaching to the quire! The antis on the other hand preach to the unschooled masses, and school children!

Still when posting on one of their web-sites we tend to call names instead if giving factual verifiable information contrary to their lies. We tend to go into a war on their turf with un-loaded guns!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn fine kudu!

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RAC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
Damn fine kudu!

Nice buffalo!

I hunt, not to kill, but in order not to have played golf....

DRSS

Posts: 839 | Location: LA | Registered: 28 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:
The unfortunate thing is the anti hunting crowd is smarter than we hunters are! We bitch to each other sort of, preaching to the quire! The antis on the other hand preach to the unschooled masses, and school children!

Still when posting on one of their web-sites we tend to call names instead if giving factual verifiable information contrary to their lies. We tend to go into a war on their turf with un-loaded guns!

Exactly Mac, and this is what we were discussing just a few days ago. You know, it really is as simple as having a standard, well articulated response to every one of these hunt bashing stories, because it is the same story over and over again, nothing new and nothing of value in the anti 'argument'. Of course, they will blaze away with gay abandon at any such response, but a solid point of view cannot be penetrated by blanks..Anyone with any sense reading a sensible response to that ridiculous ranting will at least be given food for thought. Not so difficult - each and every hunter should consider it their duty to spend a few minutes a day googling, find just one of these stories, and post a carefully worded response, no swearing, no emotion, just fact. I used to do it quite a bit and will get into it again.

Dave

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Of course the trick is to keep calm when responding and I didn't always get that right! But I am older now...

One of Us
Picture of Tembo
posted Hide Post
Don't even waste your time responding to these anti hunting fools. You are not going to change anyone's mind. Ignore them.

Posts: 2596 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gotta love that opening word, MILLIONAIRE. Big Grin There's the real problem they have with this guy. Good comment on what British society is really about, these days.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tembo:
Don't even waste your time responding to these anti hunting fools. You are not going to change anyone's mind. Ignore them.

I just don't like the idea of lying there and taking the kicking, I'd rather stand up and land one of my own...

We could be doing more, changing the way neutrals perceive hunting, they are not going to come here, we have to go to them.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i tried to log on via my facebook account to post a response but couldn't do it. i suppose it really doesn't matter though. the PETA crowd will never listen to anything that contains reasonable data and the vast number of folks in the middle won't bother to wade through the information that always supports trophy hunting. classic no-win situation. my only solice is that at my age(63), i won't live long enough to see the end of trophy hunting and since i have no kids, it won't impact me or my family( 4 nephews that hunt). however, i am afraid that there will come a time in the future that trophy hunting of dangerous game( other than perhaps buffalo)will cease. too many people in Africa, not enough land, and too many bleeding heart liberals in the "first world".

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
The unfortunate reality is that hunting is closely realted to gun ownership. There are a lot of wacco gun owners and this tends to tarnish the image of hunters as well. Just look at the ARPF and some of the waccos there - no real interst in hunting but a lot of extreme political views and hateful behaviour. To the ignorant Greenies, a quick glance at the ARPF will convince them that the rest of the hunting fraternity are all waccos. Many of the other hunting sites are even worse!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11222 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
...There are a lot of wacco gun owners and this tends to tarnish the image of hunters as well....
wtf???

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Same shit different day. You cant convince anyone of anything if their minds are already made up and they dont want to be confused with the facts.

Naki I double the (WTF?) given by Matt. If you go into somewhere like the political forum it should be no surprise that the is alot of crap. That is one reason I dont go there. Dont confuse one issue and your dislike for it with the other. Although, a far right forum, or the far left and the PETA a-holes do have something in common. It is all made up and has no basis in reality.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When will they understand that it is because of us hunters, who care for animals, that there are any wild animals left in the world today, and that they belong to us?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Please excuse my ignorance on this but can someone tell me what the ARPF is that Naki is referring to? Not a smart ass question, I really don't know.

Thanks,

Todd

One of Us
Picture of tenmikemike
posted Hide Post
Accurate Reloading Political Forum

NRA Endowment Life member

CZ 550 American 9.3 X 62 Mauser/ Leupold VX-3 2.5-8 x 36
CZ 550 Safari Classic .458 Lott

Posts: 119 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: 11 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
quote:
...There are a lot of wacco gun owners and this tends to tarnish the image of hunters as well....
wtf???
You must consider the source. This poster is a loose cannon, at best.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually agree that the guy should resign.
Anyone in a high profile job should well know that our UK press are always on the prowl to drag their private life through the mud. This guy demonstratesthat he isnt too bright and hence most probably shouldnt be in his various senior positions. To allow his trophy pictures to be publicly avaialable just shows him to be naive. More importantly he allows the anti nutcases good ammunition to use against the rest of us. I know its a sad state of affairs, but thats the world we have to deal with.
I once hunted with an American who wanted to hunt elephant, but decided to stick with buffalo for the present as he was up for a senior public office and thought that if his African hunting interests were discovered then hunting buff would be a less emotive subject.
As I have already said it is a sad state of affairs, but I thought this guy had common sense, and I therefore hope he got the job.

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Publications such as this along with the fact that we have clergy and "pray" (rather than observe a moment of silence) at our 9-11 memorial events...make me proud to be from the Great State of Texas...where the majority of people still have common sense and decency...a place where hunting is still honorable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37821 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Publications such as this along with the fact that we have clergy and "pray" (rather than observe a moment of silence) at our 9-11 memorial events...make me proud to be from the Great State of Texas...where the majority of people still have common sense and decency...a place where hunting is still honorable.
Thank God for places like Texas we can still own a gun and go hunting!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R.Jolly:
Anyone in a high profile job should well know that our UK press are always on the prowl to drag their private life through the mud. This guy demonstratesthat he isnt too bright and hence most probably shouldnt be in his various senior positions. To allow his trophy pictures to be publicly avaialable just shows him to be naive. More importantly he allows the anti nutcases good ammunition to use against the rest of us. I know its a sad state of affairs, but thats the world we have to deal with.
I once hunted with an American who wanted to hunt elephant, but decided to stick with buffalo for the present as he was up for a senior public office and thought that if his African hunting interests were discovered then hunting buff would be a less emotive subject.
As I have already said it is a sad state of affairs, but I thought this guy had common sense, and I therefore hope he got the job.
I'll be stuffed if I will ever hide what I do... why should anyone have to cower in a corner from these cretins???

We have 2 politicians in my home state in Australia (NSW) - they belong to the Shooters & fishers Party - they were elected because they stand by their convictions. One of them made the front page of a major newspaper here with photos of him with a dead elephant (before he was elected). Did he cower?? No - he tells them to jam it up their nose and it certainly hasnt done himself, the party or shooters/hunters any harm!!

http://www.smh.com.au/environm...r-20090720-dqui.html

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Long live sir David-a hero!

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
I'll be stuffed if I will ever hide what I do... why should anyone have to cower in a corner from these cretins???

We have 2 politicians in my home state in Australia (NSW) - they belong to the Shooters & fishers Party - they were elected because they stand by their convictions. One of them made the front page of a major newspaper here with photos of him with a dead elephant (before he was elected). Did he cower?? No - he tells them to jam it up their nose and it certainly hasnt done himself, the party or shooters/hunters any harm!!

http://www.smh.com.au/environm...r-20090720-dqui.html[/QUOTE]

That's what I like to hear! And anything about Texas, of course beer

One of Us
Picture of zimFrosty
posted Hide Post
quote:
The unfortunate reality is that hunting is closely realted to gun ownership. There are a lot of wacco gun owners and this tends to tarnish the image of hunters as well. Just look at the ARPF and some of the waccos there - no real interst in hunting but a lot of extreme political views and hateful behaviour. To the ignorant Greenies, a quick glance at the ARPF will convince them that the rest of the hunting fraternity are all waccos. Many of the other hunting sites are even worse!

I would venture to say that most legal gun owners are certainly not Waccos. The vast majority of people who own guns for legal use are sensible discerning people. Personally I see no correlation between gun ownership and the anti hunting sentiments issued by ignorant greenies. Greenies object to hunting in all forms. They do not care if it is with rifle, hand gun, bow, or any other form of weapon.

The bottom line to all these antis rants and raves is the simple perception that hunting will destroy a species and that killing an animal simply cannot equate to the survival of, or indeed growth of numbers of any given population. Misinformation is the weapon of the anti ,however how often do we see well written and unbiased articles written by respected enviromentalists and ecologists which propound the positives of hunting , put out into the media. The answer is very seldom. Bodies such as SCI, DSC and every other Hunting based entity on the face of the planet should be overloading the web and all other forms of media with FACTUAL information on the merits of properly controlled and ethically managed hunting. Greenies use the old communist trick of saying something so often that it becomes true , even when the information is flawed.
They have however, one advantage that it is almost impossible to counter. The simple fact that 90% of greenies are human beings that live in large cities and will never do anything toward conservation physically, but are happy to donate money toward the "Saving of the planet." It is a sad fact that funding of agencies that oppose hunting, is based on funds sourced from people who have probably never stepped foot into the wild. The conversion of such an animal is almost impossible ....but that doesnt mean the war is lost. It simply means it has only just begun.

Posts: 459 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 11 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I just perused some of the comments.

What a load of mindless, emotional - and hateful - claptrap.

Most of these bleeding heart imbeciles would starve to death if it weren't for Tesco and Sainsbury's.

Unbelievable.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13633 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Yeah ! Why should anyone have to kill anything just because you want to eat meat when "supermarkets" make it ? waki, wacco ? cuckoo

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shootaway:
When will they understand that it is because of us hunters, who care for animals, that there are any wild animals left in the world today, and that they belong to us?

NEVER!! sad but true.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13402 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tembo:

Actually the opposite. Us hunters and shooters need to be vocal with positive polite comments of an educational nature. Not for the anti idiots, but instead for all the others readers whom are unaware, or simply don't care. When they read rational responses, such as the hunting safari industry SUPPORTING wildlife initiatives, some are swayed to our point of view.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R.Jolly:

The MORE high profile hunters are known to be hunters, the more society accepts hunting as legitimate. If only the great many Formula One, Sportsmen, celebrities and other profile persons let society know they are hunters, the more the general populace accepts sporting hunting as legitimate.

I for one am not one bit ashamed to be known by all and sundry as a hunter!

John H.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams:
Gotta love that opening word, MILLIONAIRE. Big Grin There's the real problem they have with this guy. Good comment on what British society is really about, these days.

Grizz

I am afraid British media is so obssessed with money to the extent that they have to mention it in every article.

Examples:

"John X has been caught driving under the influence yesterday. He was driving his $300,000 Mercedes and lives in a $2 million house. His wife drives a $400,000 Ferrari, and his son drives a $100,000 BMW."

I have a number of friends who have been living in the UAE for so many years. Many of them keep saying they will retire to the South of France, Spain, or Portugal. As they find it extremely hard to put up with all the silliness going on in England.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68690 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, it's a form of character assassination...according to them clearly he is a vice ridden capitalist pig, and they see the proof..he has financial success...that's all you need to know, he belongs in hell!

Roll Eyes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remember these are the same folks that advocate "Wind" power even though it is responsible for the countless deaths of "protected" species...Over 30 golden Eagles in California alone and reportedly millions of migratory songbirds.

So, how do we do this?....

...I recommend that everybody on this forum make a conscious effort to get their "Africa" facts in order.

For example, Are African Elephants endangered? The short answer is no, but what really are the facts? I tell people all of the time about my African hunting experiences - they ask, I tell. Almost to the person, when I mention Elephant hunting they say "I thought Elephants were almost extinct / in danger of becoming extinct". Once I explain that nothing could be further from the trurth the whole tone changes and we can have a decent discussion.

So,who can we contact to get some "Bread and Butter" facts about african game animals and their respective populations in relation to healthy versus endangered in terms of numbers.?

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wemmer:

So,who can we contact to get some "Bread and Butter" facts about african game animals and their respective populations in relation to healthy versus endangered in terms of numbers.?

Yes, that is exactly what we need - facts - so that the average hunter can react to online misinformation.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're going to try and penetrate a liberals minds with facts!?

rotflmo

Good luck with that!

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ubuntu2K7:
You're going to try and penetrate a liberals minds with facts!?

rotflmo

Good luck with that!

In Australia we have had a lot of success with letter writing campaigns, letters to the editors, replying on media comments pages, hitting biased media online polls (usually we get around an 80 to 90% rate in our favour). In fact I think we have over say five years seen a positive shift in some media articles etc on hunting and shooting. The Australian Shooters & Fishers Political Party is one of the big contributors to these results and their supporters.

I see it this way:

1. There are dedicated hunters and shooters whom are active in lobbying for their sports;
2. There are a lot of hunters and shooters, whom do nothing;
3. There are non-hunters and shooters whom are ignorant of the sports, or don't really care;
4. There are people with some negative feelings to hunting and shooting but not actively;
5. There are anti's whom fight actively against us.

Political and media campaigns can affect the way, no.2 to no.4 groups think and act.

It is a waste of time to concentrate against group 5 except to counter them and their activities.

John H.

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wemmer:
Remember these are the same folks that advocate "Wind" power even though it is responsible for the countless deaths of "protected" species...Over 30 golden Eagles in California alone and reportedly millions of migratory songbirds.

So, how do we do this?....

...I recommend that everybody on this forum make a conscious effort to get their "Africa" facts in order.

For example, Are African Elephants endangered? The short answer is no, but what really are the facts? I tell people all of the time about my African hunting experiences - they ask, I tell. Almost to the person, when I mention Elephant hunting they say "I thought Elephants were almost extinct / in danger of becoming extinct". Once I explain that nothing could be further from the trurth the whole tone changes and we can have a decent discussion.

Jeff,

This is a difficult one. Speaking from Zambia we do not have a wildlife census as such so there are no accurate figures. What we do know is that the elephant numbers are on an increase and that they impact on rural communities and their agrarian activities, so much so that we are now hunting elephant again after a twenty year ban. There is an increase in PAC and I forsee the hunting of non trophy or rather non export jumbo to combat the numbers.

This in itself is a fact.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9956 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote