THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    cancellations in Namibia, plainsgame opportunities

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

cancellations in Namibia, plainsgame opportunities
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Edited 8-1-06

Readers are advised of this thread:

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6321043/m/460105415

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I received an email from Boet Nel Hunting Adventures, Namibia, regarding 4 canceled hunts for this year.

I hunted with Boet in 2004 and can attest to the first rate quality of his outfit. He has a new and very nice lodge in a picturesque setting, new tents with comfortable beds spaced out around the lodge. Meals are fantastic.

Most importantly for me, his concessions are enormous and range from the peaks of the Khomas Hochland Mts. to vast expanses of bushveld to red sand dunes at the fringe of the Kalahari.

I took fantastic oryx, Hartmann's Mtn. zebra, hartebeest, springbok, warthog, duiker, blesbok and had the pleasure to hunt with 4 different PHes. Each was first rate and had a good, well equipped vehicle.

Anyone interested can contact Boet at boetnel@iway.na

Posts: 157 | Location: South Carolina, USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Devildawg66
posted Hide Post
Why do posts like this make me nervous? Could it be the lack of details, website, etc.?

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Devildawg66:
Why do posts like this make me nervous? Could it be the lack of details, website, etc.?
Here's their website: http://www.namibiansafari.com/

If you subscribe to The Hunting Report, there is a report (4910 July 04) that says, among other positive things:

Would You Recommend This Hunt to a Friend? Yes
Why? Boet Nel is a guy you can trust, and he loves hunting. Good areas, good trophies and good facilities.

And I am sure John would be happy to try to answer any questions you might have.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Montana
posted Hide Post
I will be hunting with Boet June 9-20 this year and from my dealings so far he is great. Will provide full details on my return.

Wayne

Live everyday, like it was your last!!

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Posts: 571 | Location: Central, NC | Registered: 03 October 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Search this forum and the Hunting Reports - Africa Forum and you will see quite a few satisfied customers of Boet Nel.

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Update:

I received another email from Boet and he has had another cancellation for this year and has an opening on June 12th.

In his latest email he told me that a set of .458 Lott dies cost US $550.00 in Namibia!!

I asked Boet if it was OK to post this info here because I believe it would be a win-win situation for him and anyone that may be looking for a great plainsgame hunt for this year.

In the first post I forgot to mention that I also took a very nice kudu. Boet says they are in full rut now and he is short of hunters. Apparently rabies hasn't affected his concessions.

Posts: 157 | Location: South Carolina, USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Montana
posted Hide Post
John,

I bought some 458 dies for him $37.49 and some brass @ $113. He said brass was $337. I think I need to buy about 10 sets of dies and see if I can sell them while over there. 'bout pay for the hunt.

Boet told me he was out last week and it was -15c saw lots of game and a 56" Kudu.

Can't wait to be there, should be burning powder by Friday.

Wayne

Posts: 571 | Location: Central, NC | Registered: 03 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my original post has been edited

one of us
posted Hide Post
John:

What is your point here? Not very clear.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AnotherAZWriter,

I should have explained.

My point is someone had a bad experience with the outfitter that I recommended and voiced his complaints on the thread that I provided a link for. People considering the outfitter should be aware.

My experience with the outfitter was completely different and 100% positive, as was the experience of others who have posted here.

My intent, by editing my post, is for a reader to be able to make an informed decision about whether or not he/she would want to book a hunt with this outfitter.

Frankly, I'm not sure what I should do in this situation.

one of us
Picture of Montana
posted Hide Post
John,

Please leave the post up, you and I both know Boet did a good job for us. When you interact with as many people on a yearly basis as these PH's do, not everyone will be happy. Everyone should do their own DD, it is no difference than buying a stock.

Boet is a great guy in my opinion and I am trying like hell to get back over there with him next year and take my father along.

I think you did a great service to everyone by linking the other thread to this one.

One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
John, I don't know you but feel that you have tried to do the corret thing based upon your experience and knowledge. You had a good experience, and others have backed that up. Our hunting community is best served by gentlemen who tell it like it is. Doing a friend a favor in a situation like this is not in error. I once called a friend in New Mexico for recomendations on an Elk guide and he made one with the caviot (damn spelling class) that he had not hunted with the individual. Yup worst hunt I was ever on. I do not blame him! My choice and my money, all you are offering is a lead to start the process.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote