Find
Notify
Tools

How did it go with Punki
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted
Not starting some new boring Boddington bashing thread just interested on what happened to Punki the tracker/dog handler.

Posts: 2638 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good question. I have wondered as well.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Anton give me a few minutes to heat up some popcorn.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last I heard while in Namibia in 2015, he was crippled and not able to walk or work.

Posts: 10379 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
That is sad if true, I remember seeing a photo of him on a motorcycle

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
From Craig 2010
Guys, the last word I received on Punki was that he was back hunting caracal with his dogs. I understand he has quite a limp, but we believe and hope this will improve over time as he rebuilds muscle mass. As we've said previously in this forum, cannot thank all for the great help and support.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Last I heard while in Namibia in 2015, he was crippled and not able to walk or work.

Damn. No offense intended but I hope that is not accurate . What a shame.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It appears my info was incorrect. My hope is that he is ok and that this gets off the Boddington family. My hopes and wishes are that he is well and good.

Posts: 10379 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think we all hope he is doing well. If he isn't, at this point, he probably never will.

Very sad story.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe CB will go on a few less hunts and help the guy out?

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was told by his employer that the motorcycle broke soon after it was given to him.
The outfitter was bleak and bitter over the entire affair.

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leopardtrack:

Doubtful given his recent financial issues. Besides it was not CB who shot Punki. It was his daughter.

He did auction off a 500NE and a buff hunt that was filmed for TV. I can't remember how much money was raised .

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:

Doubtful given his recent financial issues. Besides it was not CB who shot Punki. It was his daughter.

He did auction off a 500NE and a buff hunt that was filmed for TV. I can't remember how much money was raised .

I think around 35K

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I agree Larry; he is not responsible for his adult daughter - something I have said repeatedly. I have not been shy about criticizing CB on a few issues, but I am miffed as to why he is held accountable for this, especially when viewed in light of a similar incident involving another AR member.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
When I was single, and allowed to have female friends Britt was a friend.

She's a bright gal, and everyone makes mistakes. Thank God, Punki is alive.

No matter how much Britt wants to, she will never forget about this. I imagine Laura Bush has survivors guilt over her teenage car crash.

One of the military gals that worked for me in Spain got into a car accident that killed a Spanish national.

The Spanish kept her in Spain on legal hold for 3 years after her transfer date. Then the Navy gave her a general discharge for causing a international incident, even though the Spanish gal drove into her.

No car accidents are not gun play, but the result is the same.

I hope Britt does well, she's a wonderful person and I hope that she moves forward.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not know her. Regardless, I imagine you are right.

I never understood those who wanted to hold CB accountable . He had exactly zero legal or moral obligation . In my book, selling the rifle and the hunt went above and beyond .

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The double gun was a trade he made and the hunt was donated. He only actually gave his time on the hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did it raise $35K?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anton says they did. I seem to recall it as well.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think there were some members here who donated money to Punki.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Quote from Trevor Filmer who is Punki's employer. Dated 19 April 2016.

I am a Farmer/Rancher in the Eastern Cape of SA and for the last 38 years have run 2 teams of hounds used for problem animal control work - mainly jackal/caracal/bushpig - between 1992 - 2010 my hound teams were hired by Hunting Outfitters to track leopard for paying clients - it was during one of these hunts that one of my Employees, Tracker/Dog Handler , Punki Swelindawo, was involved in a tragic shooting accident - (as a full time Dairy Farmer I was unfortunately not able to personally attend every hunt, and I was not with my team on this occasion) - I have read some controversial statements, but I believe everyone involved in this unfortunate incident acted very professionally, and Punki received the very best treatment that was available - because of that excellent medical attention, Punki is alive and well today, and is now a senior member of my staff - he currently enjoys good health, but he does walk with a limp and can no longer work as a 'Dog Handler' because of the long distances they have to cover on foot - he does, however, still enjoy an outing with the 'Bushpig Team', and gets around remarkably well - whether these old injuries will become a problem later I cannot tell.
May I use this opportunity to say that the financial help received from all donors was very much appreciated, and the motorbike is still in good working order, though it has run up some mileage.
I would be happy to send photo's if anyone is interested.
To those who donated towards his extensive medical expenses - Many Many Thanks - your generosity was, and still is, much appreciated!
Regards, Trevor Filmer

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trevor Filmer who is Punki's employee

Punki must be financially well off. Big Grin

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Quote from Trevor Filmer who is Punki's employee

I am a Farmer/Rancher in the Eastern Cape of SA and for the last 38 years have run 2 teams of hounds used for problem animal control work - mainly jackal/caracal/bushpig - between 1992 - 2010 my hound teams were hired by Hunting Outfitters to track leopard for paying clients - it was during one of these hunts that one of my Employees, Tracker/Dog Handler , Punki Swelindawo, was involved in a tragic shooting accident - (as a full time Dairy Farmer I was unfortunately not able to personally attend every hunt, and I was not with my team on this occasion) - I have read some controversial statements, but I believe everyone involved in this unfortunate incident acted very professionally, and Punki received the very best treatment that was available - because of that excellent medical attention, Punki is alive and well today, and is now a senior member of my staff - he currently enjoys good health, but he does walk with a limp and can no longer work as a 'Dog Handler' because of the long distances they have to cover on foot - he does, however, still enjoy an outing with the 'Bushpig Team', and gets around remarkably well - whether these old injuries will become a problem later I cannot tell.
May I use this opportunity to say that the financial help received from all donors was very much appreciated, and the motorbike is still in good working order, though it has run up some mileage.
I would be happy to send photo's if anyone is interested.
To those who donated towards his extensive medical expenses - Many Many Thanks - your generosity was, and still is, much appreciated!
Regards, Trevor Filmer

Thank you Andrew for posting this.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68793 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news and update!

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fujotupu:
quote:
Trevor Filmer who is Punki's employee

Punki must be financially well off. Big Grin

Well spotted and fixed. Cheers

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Instagram - kafueroyal

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
Great!

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
quote:

I agree Larry; he is not responsible for his adult daughter - something I have said repeatedly. I have not been shy about criticizing CB on a few issues, but I am miffed as to why he is held accountable for this, especially when viewed in light of a similar incident involving another AR member.

Who (not CB) was bragging on a new DR not long after.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Excellent news. Thanks, Andrew.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13675 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duckear:
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
quote:
quote:

Who (not CB) was bragging on a new DR not long after.

Exactly Duckear

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote