THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    GREAT rates-S.C.I. Convention- Atlantis Hotel
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GREAT rates-S.C.I. Convention- Atlantis Hotel
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The S.C.I. Convention is Wednesday January 24th through Saturday January 27th 2007
WWW.TRAVELOCITY.COM
has great rates for the Atlantis Hotel loaded through Friday checkout the 26th.
So tomorrow March 3rd should be advanced to Saturday (January 27th)check out and Saturday March 4th should be advanced to Sunday (January 28th)check out.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up as I do not believe the availability of these rooms at these prices will last.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9486 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Kathi,

Is this deal for the 2007 SCI Convention?

thanks...jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,
Yes.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

one of us
posted Hide Post
So, we have to reserve Saturday, Kathi?

THE LUCKIEST HUNTER ALIVE!

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Yes reserve Saturday George

Kathi,
Again Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Big Grin
It is so nice to get those great rates!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Kathi. This is wonderful. My buddy and I will book the room today. See you at the Giraffe again next year.
Did Christer get the message? I hope the big guy is there as well. Who else could arrange such a fine dinner meeting?

Posts: 853 | Location: St. Thomas, Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 08 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kathi,

Is that in the tower or out in the "motel"?
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just tried to book, and it "unable to complete" my reservation.

I called Travelocity, and they tell me that Atlantiis is sold out already, and that is why I am getting that screeen.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I checked my 2007 folder and found that I already have 5 rooms reserved. Must have done that one of my jet lag days. Confused
Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Kathi, I just tried it again, and it will not go thru.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry call me.........

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am on the phone with Travelocity now. I will find out what the problem is and post what I find out.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just got off the phone with a nice agent at Travelocity. She got my reservation confirmed, but it wouldn't go through the system the first time for her either. If all else fails, call them direct. The room rate I got is $45/night plus tax. Not bad, and definitely worth booking early.

Thanks again for the heads up, Kathi.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with them, and it is not bookable.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patrkyhntr:
I just got off the phone with a nice agent at Travelocity. She got my reservation confirmed, but it wouldn't go through the system the first time for her either. If all else fails, call them direct. The room rate I got is $45/night plus tax. Not bad, and definitely worth booking early.

Call the Hotel or Travelocity?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how, but it was bookable for me, Terry. Maybe the nice lady liked me?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Blauwkamp:
quote:
Originally posted by patrkyhntr:

Call the Hotel or Travelocity?

I called Travelocity. Phone number is 888.872.8356

one of us
posted Hide Post
What dates did you book for?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Terry Blauwkamp:
What dates did you book for?

January 24 check in, check out January 27.

You might have a problem if you try to book for Sunday check out because you would have one day at weekend rate? Weekend rate was $59/night, I think.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just tried it again, and no luck.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
...I've attempted to book thru Travelocity, and I get the same "Could not process, etc" Called Travelocity direct, and all was going well...until the nice lady said, "Hmmm, looks as tho I can't get it done either."

one of us
posted Hide Post
Keep trying, guys. I suspect if travelocity gets enough trys that fail they will fix it.

Widowmaker 416, did you get your rooms booked, Ron?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks.

Called the hotel direct and the cheapest room is $109 per night so that is not the way to go.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Just tried online and voice and got the same results, can't process. Most likely the block of rooms has been taken. Will try later.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It appears that I might have been the last lucky one. I checked two other booking services, Cheaptickets.com and Expedia, and both said no rooms were available at the Atlantis on the selected dates. Interesting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I booked through Travelocity last year, at their low rate, but when I wanted to change the reservation, they told me it couldn't be done, I was stuck with the four nights. I had called the hotel first and they sent me back to Travelocity. I then called the hotel again, they told me they no longer did business with Travelocity, and they changed my reservation, still for the low price. The lack of flexibility of T'city made me weary of using them again... it sounds like they still haven't got their act together.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tried several times through travel velocity, then called them, they did not have any better luck than I did. Upon their suggestion I tried again later and got the same results. Will try again tomorrow. While on the subject of the convention has anyone heard that it might be change to New Orleans?

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
S.C.I. is committed to be in Reno through 2009.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had to call Travelocity as the computer program would not work. When they got thru to the Atlantis the rates were no longer offered but for $100 a night more my wife and I could book a room.
Not the $45 per person per night as shown. Eeker

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
...O.K. guys/gals, go to www.travelnow.com and give it a go.
I just booked in at the Atlantis for $45/night.

Good luck

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I just booked a "luxury" tower room with king bed for $45 per night (all 5 nights) on www.travelhero.com.

They have Atlantis Motor Lodge rooms as low as $36 per night.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kyler - I was able to get the Q/Q room for the same price thru travelhero

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JLS:
...O.K. guys/gals, go to www.travelnow.com and give it a go.
I just booked in at the Atlantis for $45/night.

Good luck

It worked for me too.

one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
I'm set 5 nights at the Atlantis! 45 bucks a night!

Thank you Kathi!!!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got book at the Atlantis.

Thanks Kathi

h kittle

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have any of you booked with travelhero before? I just booked a king in the tower for four nights at 45 per night plus an unknown surcharge and tax with travelhero. The same room through Atlantis is 180. This is refundable with a 24 hour cancelation notice.

Posts: 209 | Location: Montana | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kathi is travelhero a standup company. I just never heard of them???Have you booked with them before?

Posts: 209 | Location: Montana | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just booked the Atlantis Jan 23-28 through Travel Now $45 per night and easy to use.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13008 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I've booked with travelhero for years. They've been great to deal with, ask for no money up front and have always allowed late cancellations.

Not a commercial; I just found them while surfing the web and used them a lot when I used to travel a lot for competition shooting.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2507 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I used travelhero.com too and got one of the tower rooms at $45. I have tried the Atlantis Sushi Bar (all you can eat, $19.99), and it is a Good Thing.

Thanks Kathi...

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote