New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Shops in Dallas
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Several friends and I will be meeting in Dallas for a wedding this weekend. We should have some free time on Saturday to visit gun shops. Are there any that members here would recommend? I posted this on Big Bores but did not get any responses. Thanks.

Dale

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You should go by Ray's Hardware (really a gun shop, but has some hardware also), it is located just west of downtown on Singleton (and you get to cross the $100,000,000 "landmark" bridge to get to Ray's). They have just about one of everything. If you have a couple of hours, drive down Interstate 20 towards Canton/Shreveport and visit Wiley's Gun Shop (only about an hour and 15 minutes from downtown) they, too have lots of stuff.

Karl

Karl Evans

Posts: 2771 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Karl and would add Jackson Armory in Preston Center (www.jacksonarmory.com - great for beautiful old guns and collectibles), the Beretta Store in Highland Park Village and McClelland's (www.mcclellandgun.com).

Richard T. Cheatham

Posts: 72 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 01 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Ditto, but Jackson is in Snider Plaza.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Beretta Gallery is worth a visit.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
Ditto, but Jackson is in Snider Plaza.

Thanks. I was thinking Snider Plaza while typing Preston Center.

Richard T. Cheatham

Posts: 72 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 01 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Willoughby McCabe has some interesting higher-end pieces as well

Posts: 20090 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I attended SMU while in high school in '71 and '72 and would sneak over to Jackson's to drool over all the great single-shot rifles, Winchesters and cased Colt's. Didn't have a nickel to my name but they tolerated me just the same. Ray's had new Colt .45's for $175.00 and Ruger Hawkeye pistol's for $79.00. Those were the days.

Dutch

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies. I think I have enough to keep me busy on Saturday. I looked all the stores up online and got addresses to put into my GPS.

I think I bought my Gold Cup at Ray's when I was in grad school at A&M in 1973-74. I paid $199 for it and thought that was a lot, as it was only 10% below retail. I suppose it is worth a little more now.

One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Willoughby McCabe has some interesting higher-end pieces as well

W&M was planning on moving to Albany, TX, or at least the last time I went by there. It's appointment only, but I'll swing by tomorrow to see if they're there. Albany is a great town of about 2200 people 2.5 hours west of here, but I don't see the reason to move there with their inventory.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote