New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tracks Across Africa
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
One diamond among the coal of hunting shows is Tracks Across Africa. Safari Classics does an outstanding job. This week's show featured AR's Todd Williams hunting buff with PH Alan Shearing from Charlton McCallum Safaris in Dande North. Todd took a great buff with a single shot from his open-sighted .416 Rigby. Well done! There was also some great reporting on the anti-poaching efforts, and appeals for more help to battle the increased poaching caused by the absence of safari clients in the area.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Man, I was so out of shape on that hunt. I struggled every day. I've fought the weight issue for a couple of decades now due to back injuries.

Got worried about it with Covid as I got out of breath very easily. I've dropped 50 lbs since that hunt and hopefully, can stave off additional injury while exercising and keep it off this time.

This was the hunt in 2019 where my son had to cancel at the last minute. We took another bull on day 9 and really worked hard for him. Unfortunately, our camera man got sick the day after taking the day 3 bull and had to fly out back to Harare.

Of course my buddy Dave Fulson was great to work with filming and editing this hunt as was the CMS staff for the hunt itself. I've shared a camp with Al before but it was my first hunt with him as PH and a finer gentleman you'll not find.

I'm looking forward to going back with CMS as soon as it's possible again. We were penciled in for this year but with everyone rolling over from 2020, we're looking at 2022 now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Todd, long time no see.. you might be a little out of shape but it didn't affect your shooting ability, congrats brother.
I always look forward to watching Tracks Across Africa. Dave and Tim are top notch at their craft.

Posts: 1792 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So glad you enjoyed the episode guys. I did too. Always appreciate, and will never quit trying to earn your viewership and support. Means the world to me and our team!
Cheers, Dave

Dave Fulson

Posts: 1467 | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanajay:
Hi Todd, long time no see.. you might be a little out of shape but it didn't affect your shooting ability, congrats brother.
I always look forward to watching Tracks Across Africa. Dave and Tim are top notch at their craft.

Hey Jay. Sorry we won't be able to catch up at DSC this year. Maybe next! Say hello to Russ.

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen it. I'll have to try to find it this week. I can say one thing for sure, working with the Safari Classics guys is excellent all around. Best field producers I have worked with in 20 years, and Dave and Tim aren't too bad either!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
I’m a big fan of Tracks, and have enjoyed reading Todd’s posts throughout the years. It was nice to put a voice and image together during the broadcast. I save all Tracks broadcasts on Xfinity to rewatch over and over.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1382 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote