Notify
Tools

Just saw a Facebook post
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
The end is near, gentlemen. I saw some of the animal rights posts on Facebook and we don't stand a chance. Too few of us, too many of them. All the feel good banter among fellow hunters will do sbsolutely nothing for the overall picture. We are too few for politicians to support us--even politicians that hunt won't stand up to the coming tidal wave. It's coming, folks. As soon as a politician makes airports gun free zones flying with guns will end and so will most international hunting.

I'm glad I saw at least the end of the game. Hunting is dying. A huge percentage of kids in the rural Alaska school I work at are not in favor of hunting. Some that eat moose meat have spoken out against my African hunting. When the democrats take power again--in 2 or 6 years--both our gun rights and hunt rights will change dramatically. The end is in sight, not here yet, but in sight.
Disagree with me? I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. Disagree with me; I shoud repost this in 2 or 6 years and discuss then.

Don't get angry with me, I'm on your side, I just see it coming.
Cal

Not all hunting -meat hunting is cool and the in thing.

Trophy hunting for iconic animals - not something one talks about in public.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Was not the fledgling internet somehow protected against prosecution for slander and defamation by some laws passed in the USA in the 1990's?
Leniency for free speech, rah, rah ... It was really just about gearing up a money maker.

Thus "anti-social media" has emerged from so-called social media, and they are getting away with murder of all sorts, including character assassination.

Real journalism is dead. Social media is just plain evil. Times have changed and the way we handle free-speaking liars and idiots ought to change.

The Covington Catholic High School boys are the latest prime example of victims of social media.
The phony Viet Nam Vet Native American "Elder" was the trouble maker in cahoots with other evil-doers on that day, and many other days before that.
He is not my elder, and I am more of a Viet Nam Vet than he is,
and I have way more teeth than he does.
Alcohol and tobacco have obviously not been good to him. Roll Eyes

Here in Kentucky the talk is of prosecuting the liars of "social media" and other media.
Fixing stupid is impossible, prosecution of idiocy is not easy, but death threats are akin to yelling out "FIRE!" in a crowded theater that is not on fire.
Yesterday Kentucky was offering a 48-hour period for public corrections and apologies before prosecution begins.
Death threats against exemplary, honorably behaving, by-standing, peaceful, teenage boys in MAGA caps? NO GRACE PERIOD.
Whatever happened to "free speech" on baseball caps?
We know what has happened to it in so-called social media.
thumbdown

I hope something good comes of all this mess.
Mike has plenty of good company.

Rip ...

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wesheltonj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
The end is near, gentlemen. I saw some of the animal rights posts on Facebook and we don't stand a chance. Too few of us, too many of them. All the feel good banter among fellow hunters will do sbsolutely nothing for the overall picture. We are too few for politicians to support us--even politicians that hunt won't stand up to the coming tidal wave. It's coming, folks. As soon as a politician makes airports gun free zones flying with guns will end and so will most international hunting.

I'm glad I saw at least the end of the game. Hunting is dying. A huge percentage of kids in the rural Alaska school I work at are not in favor of hunting. Some that eat moose meat have spoken out against my African hunting. When the democrats take power again--in 2 or 6 years--both our gun rights and hunt rights will change dramatically. The end is in sight, not here yet, but in sight.
Disagree with me? I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it. Disagree with me; I shoud repost this in 2 or 6 years and discuss then.

Don't get angry with me, I'm on your side, I just see it coming.
Cal

Unfortunately, you are correct. I just hope that they don't string us up for animal cruelty.

Our only hope is to make sure that does not happen is that hunting/shooting groups to provide more campign contribution than the antis.

My plan is to get my next trip done within the next year and the animals back ASAP, because in 2 or 6 year those animals are not coming back.

Posts: 773 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 13 April 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They follow AR closely and take links from there,just moments ago i saw a vile creature posting the same picture again there.

was mr Rigby before a pc crash

Posts: 158 | Location: Kristiansand, Norway | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With Quote