THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  African Big Game Hunting    Read this before you book a hunt with Blair Worldwide Hunting
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Read this before you book a hunt with Blair Worldwide Hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just responded to the last spam mail from Blair. Asked if the hunt they were offering would be conducted the same as the brothers' sheep hunt they bought for thier father. And then added to take me off thier spam mail list as I would never be doing any business with them. Maybe soon they will get the message that we do not care for the way they do business.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this guys.

I can't WAIT for Blair to send me my next unsolicited hunting e-mail!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good afternoon ladies and gents! Good news! The 10 page post on this website has now been placed on two threads on the NAHC website by some guy that must had read the long thread here. NAHC claims to have an 850,000 member base! Suffer another big blow you two cheating SOBs!!! PS: Blair has no idea how big a mistake he has made. Burn baby, burn, LOL!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ttt

One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
I got a phone call from Blair Worldwide Hunting today wanting to know if they could arrange hunting for me. I asked if he know about the post on accuratereloading.com and he said no but would look into it and call me back.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got a phone call from Blair Worldwide Hunting today wanting to know if they could arrange hunting for me. I asked if he know about the post on accuratereloading.com and he said no but would look into it and call me back.

Yes, and I just found out about the easter bunny. damn!

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6805 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on a return call! horse

Posts: 610 | Location: NC | Registered: 17 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't have booked with them anyway based solely on that ridiculous cartoon of a web site. My 10 year old daughter has literally built more professional looking web sites.

http://www.blairworldwide.com/

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Personally, I tend to be VERY suspicious of any compnay who follow a very aggressive mailing campaign.

And Blaire's are one of the worst.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67217 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The website is really a joke and on the opening page after they tell you about how good they are and how well they will take care of you they then tell you they recommend trip cancellation and medical insurance, LOL! I wonder if his medical insurance is paid up because it's a wonder somebody hasn't beaten him half to death for all the shit it appears he's pulling!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sooooo....y'all telling me to ignore their unsoliticited great hunts email and phone calls....darn, just when I was thinking of booking with them.....NOT!!

Posts: 696 | Location: Soddy Daisy, TN USA | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm -
Blair WW
There is a full page add in the SCI Safari Times in the pre-convention issue for these guys. Are they known as scourge anywhere but here?

Yes this is a bump.

Posts: 389 | Location: Montana, USA | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
zzz - I saw the ad in the Times as well. I feel the same as most here about the issue of them screwing the sheep hunter guys. I will make it a point to visit their booth at SCI and inquire about that event. Should be an interesting moment!! Whether SCI knows anything about the issue or not I have no clue. Don't even know if these hunters are SCI members or not. Since no legal action or ethics violations have been brought or won against BWW, SCI would have no grounds for denying them access to the Convention. Do I agree, NO, but that is just how everything works.

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Larry,

I think I recall the hunters mentioning that they had contacted SCI, and paid the required money, but nothing was done.

I could be wrong though.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67217 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I am looking forward to hearing the reports from those who make a booth visit. Take pics too, please.

~Ann

Posts: 19186 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BLAIR WORLDWIDE:
This posting is in response to the allegations which have been lodged incorrectly against Blair Worldwide Hunting on this forum and others.

Dr. Brent Henriksen and his brother, Mr. Tyler Henriksen purchased a desert bighorn sheep hunt on December 11, 2008, as a Christmas present for their father, Lonnie Henriksen. The Henriksen sons had been searching the internet for sheep hunts and a friend of their fathers referred them to Blair WorldWide. Lonnie had booked hunts with Blair WorldWide Hunting in the past. The contract provided that Lonnie Henriksen had a choice of outfitters from which to choose. It was determined by Lonnie Henriksen that he would hunt desert bighorn sheep, coues deer and bring his wife as a non-hunter with Sheep LTD, owned by Larry Heathington, who at the time, had an excellent reputation as a sheep hunter and guide and had guided many of the Governor’s tags for sheep.

As the booking agent, Blair WorldWide Hunting, pursuant to the requirements of the contract, sent the vast majority of the money Larry Heathington, who was the contracted hunter with Sheep LTD. Blair WorldWide, as a booking agent, is in a similar position to a travel agent that books travel on an airline or a cruise ship. When a ticket is purchased, the majority of the money goes to the airline or the cruise line and the booking agent retains a commission fee. It is the responsibility of the airline or the cruise ship to provide the services.

In this instance, it was the responsibility, and remains the responsibility of Larry Heathington, to provide the sheep hunts which were the subject of the contract. At the time the contract was entered into, the Henriksen’s were advised by Blair WorldWide, through the contract and via a trip insurance brochure, to buy trip insurance in the event that there was a problem with the hunt. The Henriksen’s chose not to do so. The fact that the majority of the Henriksens’ money was forwarded to Larry Heathington has been established conclusively by providing the Henriksen’s, and their attorney with copies of the cancelled checks from Blair WorldWide to Larry Heathington.

After the hunt was booked, Lonnie Henriksen and Larry Heathington spoke at length, several times before the contracted start of the hunt. After the original hunt date of January 2010 did not occur, conversations between Mr. Henriksen and Mr. Heathington continued well into March 2010 in regards to the new dates and location of the desert big horn sheep hunt. For reasons which were not entirely clear to Blair WorldWide at the time, or to anyone for that matter, Larry Heathington has reneged on his promise to conduct, not only the Henriksen hunt, but other clients hunts as well. It was later disclosed by Mr. Heathington and Sheep LTD that he did not conduct the hunts contracted for due to health issues (See Sheep LTD’s website). The bottom line is that the dispute is properly between the Henriksen’s and Mr. Heathington, the outfitter.

Blair WorldWide did take extra steps in attempting to help the Henriksen’s recovery their money even though Blair WorldWide, as a booking agent, has no obligation both contractually or ethically to do so. Blair WorldWide contacted Mr. Heathington on several occasions and strongly urged him to return the monies for the clients who did not receive their contracted hunts. When those attempts failed, Blair WorldWide consistently assisted the Henriksen’s attorney in attempting to recover the money paid to Mr. Heathington through a civil lawsuit. In short, Blair WorldWide has done everything required of it, both legally and ethically, to assist not only the Henriksen’s, but also other clients, who contracted with Sheep LTD.

Blair WorldWide sincerely wishes that, not only Mr. Heathington and Sheep LTD, but all outfitters would provide the services that they contract for. However, in the real world, such is not always the case. Blair WorldWide has taken significant care to ensure that outfitters with whom clients are contracted provide good and legitimate services. Despite such care, every once in a while, an outfitter for a variety of reasons fails to perform. This is why trip insurance is recommended for all hunting and fishing trips booked. It is always clearly stated in all of Blair WorldWide contracts that the services contracted for are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the outfitter. Blair WorldWide sincerely hopes that the Henriksen’s recover their money from the person who possesses it -- That is Larry Heathington.

Any allegations that Blair WorldWide, in any fashion, deprived the Henriksen’s or any other party of their money improperly, illegally, or unethically, is simply untrue. The Henriksen’s have retained counsel to attempt to recover their money from Mr. Heathington and Sheep LTD. The
Henriksen’s have not, and cannot, legally claim that Blair WorldWide has withheld any of the funds owed to them by Mr. Heathington.

In sum, despite the unwarranted allegations to the contrary, Blair WorldWide acted at all times in an honest, professional, and ethical manner and any allegations to the contrary are not true.

http://www.blairworldwide.com/.../SHEEPLTDWEBPAGE.htm

In Blairs words....

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems Blair Worldwide's definition of "honest, professional and ethical" and mine differ. I'll continue to book with other booking agents, or preferably directly with the PHs.

Posts: 544 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I work in construction, I can't imagine trying to convince the owner that I could not build their project because a subcontractor didn't do their job. "Sorry everybody, you're going to have to do without your clinic because my HVAC contractor disappeared." How far is that going to fly? I would have been the person who, in my infinite wisdom, hired the disappearing POS.

As the general contractor I am totally responsible for my subs' performance or lack thereof. If I did not hold and honor that responsibility why would anyone ever even consider using me? I guess I am asking BWW why, in this age of internet instantaneous booking, why should anyone consider using you when you, by your own description, are nothing more than a Google searcher who adds no value to the situation?

For the record, I do use booking agents, because I believe an good agent adds a great deal of value.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
I work in construction, I can't imagine trying to convince the owner that I could not build their project because a subcontractor didn't do their job. "Sorry everybody, you're going to have to do without your clinic because my HVAC contractor disappeared." How far is that going to fly? I would have been the person who, in my infinite wisdom, hired the disappearing POS.

As the general contractor I am totally responsible for my subs' performance or lack thereof. If I did not hold and honor that responsibility why would anyone ever even consider using me? I guess I am asking BWW why, in this age of internet instantaneous booking, why should anyone consider using you when you, by your own description, are nothing more than a Google searcher who adds no value to the situation?

For the record, I do use booking agents, because I believe an good agent adds a great deal of value.

I 100% agree with what you say. However, I do not think the situations are comparable. BWW is a sales agent not a general contractor.

This difference does not make what he did any more tolerable.

I am still shocked that he felt it necessary to come on AR after probably 5 years. All he accomplished is bringing more attention to his business practices. Can't help his business at all.

Posts: 12005 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Isn't an agent suppose to hold money and pay outfitter after the hunt is conducted?
I might as well bring construction model into it again.
When I finish the project I was hired to do, I then get paid.
Of course, I have to have either good line of credit or enough money on the books to be able to carry financial load thru few contracts ahead.
And lm talking about small contractor and small contracts kinda like hunts and not general contractor
Anyway, very interesting conversation piece

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote