New
Find
Notify
Tools

MRC M1999 Pro Hunter Actions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Everyone keeps asking me about the PH action and when they can expect us to produce it. As was stated many moons ago, it will take approximately 300 actions sold for us to get them into production. With that said, anyone who is interested get your name in NOW! It really doesn't cost you a thing. We may ask for a credit #, but that is only to show the powers that be that it is a serious order. The price for any of the PH actions (R/H, L/H, Chrome Moly or Stainless) is only $525.00. Compare that to $1500.00 + for anything even comparable. If you want us to get them done, give us a call right away and we'll put you on the list. Give us a CC# but you will not be charged whatsoever until we reach the 300 mark and have reconfirmed it with you.

Dan

<Harry>
posted
Hey Dan,
I would just like to get any of the four actions I already have on order.
When are you shipping the med. 308 length) and small (223 length) actions?
I know the left hand ones may take longer but where are the right handers?
Mims Reed

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know MRC does not want to make actions without orders, but what if Chevy said they were not going to make a new model truck until people advance order?

The market does not work that way. Show people a nice product, and they will decide that they need it.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mims,
We are shipping the short actions now in Stainless and should be sending out the Chrome Moly actions within the next couple of weeks. The mini action is still a work in progress, so we are still a ways out on it. Hopefully this next year.

The reason we are doing a "pre-order", "Charter Issue", "Pre-Production" special on the actions is that we have to know that there is enough interest out there to warrant making them. We are not charging anyone any money until we get to the point to turn them on. By individuals and gunsmiths placing orders it shows the people in charge that there is a demand for the action.

Dan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dan,

My point is that a pre-order system will give you a false low estimate of demand for the product. If people see the product and get a feel for how nice and how useful it is, then they will decide that they need one. Many people will not sign up for a pre-order who will actually purchase the product once it is in production.

I am in the pre-order crowd because I want to see this project get off the ground, but it would be a mistake to conclude that there are only 75 people worldwide who will purchase the actions since there are only 75 pre-ordered.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see what Montana Riflery is doing as very innovative. They are offering an item at a good discount price and if they get enough interest then most of the up front costs are paid for by the advance orders. If they go to all the trouble of doing this on an assumption that the product will fly and it does not, the company may go out of business on this one error in judgement. We are not talkng about Remington or Winchester but a small company in Montana that is offering a good deal on a product they and we hope will fly. I have 3 on order and in all liklihood, I could order them at the dealer discount for the same price and not have my name on the list. I hope this item will become a reality and the best way I know is to have my name on the list, but I do not want them to endure the hardship that would come with this item being nonprofitable. Some folks evidently don't feel that way and probably in conjunction the same folks don't really think things through in a reasonable fashion. They just want what they want and want it now. Everyone who ordered knew the situation going into it.

Dan, I am patient, hope you get some more orders. The shot show is coming up, hope it creates some interest.

[ 12-07-2003, 23:35: Message edited by: Customstox ]

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
500grains,
Why don't you offer to buy all of the first 300 PH actions that don't sell in the first week? [Big Grin]

[ 12-07-2003, 23:55: Message edited by: Duckear ]

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
500grains, not a problem I understand your point completely and wasn't trying to "strike" back at you. I just wanted to ensure that everyone who was reading these posts understood our reasoning for doing the pre-production sales on the action. Your input is always welcome and appreciated.

I do understand that once available the demand will be 10 times higher than it is at this point as people need to see the completed product before they are convinced. We should have working models of them for the Shot Show.

Chic thank you for your input, as always it is much appreciated.

Dan

one of us
posted Hide Post
If they are smart, they will speed up production.The Charles Daly Mauser actions will be available the first of 2004.My credit card was chared for a lefty long action in June. Still waiting for it. [Frown]

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote