New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm getting sick of this s__t
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've got real issues to discuss on this board that actually affect my future African hunts.

When damn near the whole page is Carmelo (or whatever the hell he calls himself), it takes away from the "real' purpose of this forum.

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Amen!!!

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree

Posts: 201 | Location: MICHIGAN | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also agree, but I just put him on the ignore list. I don't know what he is posting about and don't care. It just takes scrolling down a little more. I don't like the alternative i e banning people.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IMO Saeed and Don are trying to wait this guy out, but perhaps the exchange of info has been so compromized that another option should be considered.....

Posts: 1337 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps if people that don't want Carmelo were to stop posting to his threads or were to stop starting threads about him them your problem would be solved.

Carmelo is not your problem. Your problem is responders and thread starters about him.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Amen to what Mike said.

You all just can't stop feeding the fire.....

Posts: 109 | Location: IL | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike nailed it. Quite frankly when I first started hearing those names being mentioned by other known posters I then made a decision that I was never going to open one of those threads. It took me a while to learn that "squill" is actually "squirrel" but I haven't lost much in life for the delay.

I too support the notion of not banning, etc., but perhaps alerts as to "hot" IP's could be issued as these folks are probably too lazy to post from more than a handful of computers?

One option, not mentioned to my knowledge, that has worked in other sites, is to have some sort of premium forum. It might open a host of issues with less traveled forums then getting no traffic, etc., but it would keep out trolls. Just a thought.

Reed

Posts: 649 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 29 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with mike. Make this the last thread. Otherwise the good threads get buried and lost.

Posts: 244 | Location: Winnipeg, Canada | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
not one of us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps if the over zealous stalkers and nut jobs would simply allow the occasional 45-70 thread a little peace, even if there were only one or two people legitimately interested in the topic, perhaps then we all wouldn't be in this position.

Some of you have actually shown the capability of using some logic.

When CARMELOL first came here it was with a few simple posts.
For the most part he doesn't invade other threads, an occasional comment here and there but nothing more.

Learn a little respect for others and you will also be respected.
Pehaps an AR Apology to CARMELOL would see your wishes granted. (If you are all men enough to do it?)

Posts: 451 | Location: no where | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Quote:

I've got real issues to discuss on this board that actually affect my future African hunts.

GAHUNTER

I agree, actually some parts of the forum has become a mix between a Bazar and a Zoo

People list everything from guns they want to sell, loads, anti-troll campaings, marketing "hunting offers" that is not relevant to the forum. Let's not forget crap like Mortie or multiple ID's.

Cheers

/ JOHAN

not one of us
posted Hide Post
Again, if most of you learned to treat people with respect from the outset you might not be dealing with situations when they escalate.

Regardless that doesn't change legitimate threads regarding unethical african hunters, outfitter, brokers and scams.
These types abound of forums and they see them as a great tool to scam legitimate hunters.
That will be stopped.
C

not one of us
posted Hide Post
Lighten up Johan

not one of us
posted Hide Post
Who gives a crap what your sick of.
C