Find
Notify
Tools

Experimenting With Full 1080 Videos
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

As everyone has high speed broadband - well, almost everyone! Wink I am thinking of posting all future AR videos in Full 1080 HD.

You might like to have a look at the following link.

Diving expedition

There are only two video clips on there right now, but I am in the process of adding more.

They are all large files, so please right-click on them and save to your computer.

I would appreciate any feedback.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67394 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

I have two Macs with a Time Capsule disk as a back-up. The two Macs then ues only wifi reception, since the broadband ethernet connection is hooked up directly to the Time Capsule. Unfortunately with wifi the buffering time is too long to get your two examples to work correctly, at least for direct viewing. I suppose they would work fine if downloaded and saved first.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the quality is excellent. I've played both your 1080 and 720 videos thru my media server right to my tv, and quality from the mp4 is excellent in both resolutions. personally I don't know if the increase in file size is worth the small gain in quality. unless you have an 80" TV and are sitting very close many people could probably not tell the difference. especially true if just playing the file on the computer monitor.

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

One of the issues I'm running into is the amount of time it takes to work with the higher resolution clips. Maybe my connection is just to slow but as an example, the video clip I put up yesterday of my son's buff hunt runs about 6 minutes. It started out at 1080. This gave me a file of about 6G after editing. I then ran it through compressor to upload to YouTube which resulted in a file size of about 518M. Not very large and the quality really suffers on full screen. However, as small as that is, it took 97 minutes to upload!

I think YouTube has a 4G size limit IIRC. With that size, it would take me 6 hours to upload.

Is this similar to what others are experiencing or is my connection just too slow?

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Saeed,

One of the issues I'm running into is the amount of time it takes to work with the higher resolution clips. Maybe my connection is just to slow but as an example, the video clip I put up yesterday of my son's buff hunt runs about 6 minutes. It started out at 1080. This gave me a file of about 6G after editing. I then ran it through compressor to upload to YouTube which resulted in a file size of about 518M. Not very large and the quality really suffers on full screen. However, as small as that is, it took 97 minutes to upload!

I think YouTube has a 4G size limit IIRC. With that size, it would take me 12 hours to upload.

Is this similar to what others are experiencing or is my connection just too slow?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Todd,

I have a 100MB Business connection, and I can download a 1GB file in a few minutes.

My upload connection is slower - I am getting about 1MB/s right now.

the files are long, it might be better for you to make them in 720 format - like my hunting clips.

I am already getting complaints about the file sizes!

But the quality is absolutely fantastic!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67394 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Saeed,

I think YouTube has a 4G size limit IIRC. With that size, it would take me 6 hours to upload.

that does seem pretty slow to upload 518M, but then again it all depends on your UPLOAD speed. many ISPs give you fast download then slow upload speed.

as far as quality, the 518M sounds about right for a video of that length. the quality would also depend on the bitrate used when rendering and what program you are using for the rendering itself. You might try uploading to vimeo.com, i think when it comes to quality they are better than youtube.

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
I have added a couple of viodeo clips.

Saeed Ol' Pal,

I have downloaded all the videos for meditative blood pressure lowering viewing.
I now have a virtual aquarium better than gold fish on my wide screen.

This is a fantastic kaleidoscope of color, form, motion and texture that is virtually 3-D in presentation on my screen. Thanks. clap

However, 2 problems on my end:

Titan Trigger:
"titanf_mp4 Couldn't be downloaded"
I note that all the other files are ".mp4" not "_mp4" so suspect typo in file name.
Replace the "underline" with a "dot" maybe?

Sea Star:
"sstar.mp4 Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file."
First 34 seconds of the 41 second file worked fine. Stopped at 34 seconds.

All the others were fine, good job.

There is my look in the mouth of the gift sea horse.
While I am at it, who was the girl in the bikini wading into the surf on the beach?
And why did you not zoom in on her? Wink

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All working now. tu2

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote