New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Kelly's Africa" ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am hoping to go to Africa next year. I went to SCI in Reno and gathered lots of information and contacts. I see Kelly's Africa advertised in "Rifle" Mag. and not know too much about them or talked with them in Reno, I was wondering if any of you would care to share any experiences. Thanks, Lou M
lmortons22s AT gmail

Posts: 106 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Lou,

My recommendation would be to look somewhere else.

A few years back, Mr. Kelly represented Mr. Sean Stein in Zimbabwe. A friend and I booked a hunt with, is it Allen Kelly?

Anyway, I started to hear rumblings about the Stein's operation, and decided not to go through with my hunt. To Mr. Kelly's credit, he did return my deposit.

The good news is, my buddy went over and had a fantastic safari, shooting leopard, nyala, and a ton of other game. The bad news is, he never received his trophies.

As you can imagine, fingers were pointed in all directions. Never mind, his 22k worth of trophies are lost to history.

You can decide if it is worth while. IMO, there are too many good operators out there to take this kind of chance.

Good luck,

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zambeziman
posted Hide Post
As stated already above, Run and do not look back, send me a private message if you would like to here more specifics!!

There are some very good agents on this site that will guide you in the right direction and put a top Safari together for you!

Posts: 77 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with them last year.

PM me for details.

Posts: 156 | Location: Satsuma, Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Kelly interceded and buggered a Tanzania booking on a cancellation hunt for me many years ago...with a $13,000 commission-$20K hunt...later tried to sell me Zim properties and his records and tapes of HIS folk singing, even offered investment opportunities in his music releases!!He is seen at regional sport shows and gun shows selling Africana items he imports on his fam trips to various areas he books... Any more questions,,,,

470EDDY

Posts: 2570 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LouM,

try CM Safaris for a top notch hunt with a reliable hunting company. Buzz and Myles are two of the best PH's I have ever met. They bust their butts for you from "Hello" at the airport, to "Goodbye" at the airport. They got me thru customs in less than 45 minutes.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have dealt with FTW outfitters and would recommend them to anyone looking.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote