THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MODERN MILITARY RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Modern Military Rifles    Scope adjustment/repair for PSO-1 scope on Romanian SVD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope adjustment/repair for PSO-1 scope on Romanian SVD
 Login/Join

posted
I currently have custody of a Romanian SVD that belongs to a friend of mine in MA, who cannot have it in MA given the laws of that sorry commonwealth. We've taken the rifle out to shoot, here in southern AZ, and have cranked the PSO-1 scope down to its lowest elevation. It's still shooting about 14" high at 100 yards. My friend claims that Combloc snipers would shoot only at distances of 400 yards or more. Whether this is true or not, I'd like to know if the scope can be adjusted for shorter ranges, or repaired, if it is indeed out of adjustment. Is there anyone who does work on Combloc optics?

Posts: 5 | Location: Southern Arizona | Registered: 09 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Redniner,

If it has scope bases, can you shim it up a little in the rear?

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jpat
posted Hide Post
The PSO1 scope is easy to fix. There are 2 screws on the turret knob. loosen them until you can pull up on the adjusting knob. The ring w/ the meters can be lifted slightly and rotated to say 400 meters. tighten everything down again and you should be able to turn it down to 100 and be close.

Posts: 447 | Location: NH | Registered: 09 May 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Many thanks. The mount slides on straight and locks, so it can't readily be shimmed. I'll try loosening those two screws on the turret and moving the ring.

Posts: 5 | Location: Southern Arizona | Registered: 09 September 2008Reply With Quote