The Accurate Reloading Forums
Scope adjustment/repair for PSO-1 scope on Romanian SVD

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/132105729/m/7861034781

01 April 2013, 01:47
Redniner
Scope adjustment/repair for PSO-1 scope on Romanian SVD
I currently have custody of a Romanian SVD that belongs to a friend of mine in MA, who cannot have it in MA given the laws of that sorry commonwealth. We've taken the rifle out to shoot, here in southern AZ, and have cranked the PSO-1 scope down to its lowest elevation. It's still shooting about 14" high at 100 yards. My friend claims that Combloc snipers would shoot only at distances of 400 yards or more. Whether this is true or not, I'd like to know if the scope can be adjusted for shorter ranges, or repaired, if it is indeed out of adjustment. Is there anyone who does work on Combloc optics?
03 April 2013, 01:27
impala#03
Redniner,

If it has scope bases, can you shim it up a little in the rear?
04 April 2013, 21:42
Jpat
The PSO1 scope is easy to fix. There are 2 screws on the turret knob. loosen them until you can pull up on the adjusting knob. The ring w/ the meters can be lifted slightly and rotated to say 400 meters. tighten everything down again and you should be able to turn it down to 100 and be close.
05 April 2013, 02:53
Redniner
Many thanks. The mount slides on straight and locks, so it can't readily be shimmed. I'll try loosening those two screws on the turret and moving the ring.