New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ak search
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just completed another build with a RRA's Coyote varminter with the Wylde chamber. Looking forward to working with that.

Now wanting to relocate another Poly-Tech side folder. Always regret selling my first one as it produce 2 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. Had a Norinco Mak90 that shot about as well and it had the thumbhole stock. I'll keep the search alive. Anyone have a lead on one of these please feel free to PM me.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! 2 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards -- Mama should be proud. Sorry, I see little use for anything "that accurate."

Posts: 10030 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
2 1/2" groups at 100 yards with an AK 47 plenty good.

If you get 4" groups with standard ball ammo and iron sights, you are doing pretty good.

Anything less is icing on the cake.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed, NE 450 No.2. Picked one up from local dealer. Will see how it shoots this weekend.

Accuracy comes in my Diller/Ballard .298 5 shot group at 100yds with Eley Tenex "Benchrest Gold".

Dutch

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dutch

I can also say that the Norinco side folder, the one with the red plastic furniture is my favorite AK 47.

However a buddy of mine, had one of the bullpup AK 47's that he used as his Jeep Gun.

It was mighty short and mighty handy...

Many years ago I killed 2 deer with an AK 47 with Hansen 123gr Soft Point ammo.
It worked great.

The 7.62x39 [ie the .30 Russian Short], is a pretty good cartridge.

And the AK 47 is one tough, reliable, rugged rifle...

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
450 NE No. 2:
I have regretted selling many rifles. Doubles, single-shots, and handguns. Usually sold to build up my collection. However, selling that Poly-Tech side-folder with the red phenolic furniture really bothered me cause it accompanied me every trip to the farm. Moment of weakness, I guess. Took one coyote with it at about 75-80 yards. Lucky to find another so soon. All is good now. Back to single-shots and double rifles!

Dutch