New
Find
Notify
Tools

wood stocked ar
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i see that boyds is making their laminated wood stocks to fit ar's and at attractive prices too.

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Evan K.
posted Hide Post
They don't look too bad either: http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/...ng.htm?cat=6237&hi=0

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 775 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would seem the added weight might make a typical carbine rather clumsy and ill-balanced.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But adding weight at the back might be just what the doctor ordered for an HB target rifle
or a gas piston equipped rifle (Ruger etc)

quote:
Originally posted by Boxhead:
Would seem the added weight might make a typical carbine rather clumsy and ill-balanced.

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That stock should make them safer cause they are not "black" rifles any more.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote