Find
Notify
Tools

AR-10T in .243 winchester
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted
Anyone have one? I am in process of buying one and am looking for things to watch out for.

Thanks,

Gary

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 398 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gary, not a 243, but I did have an AR-10T in 308. They are great rifles; reliable and accurate. If you have the 24" barrel, it will be muzzle heavy. But the AR-10T is not so much a combat rifle as it is a long range target/sniper rig. So you'll be using a bipod anyway...not "running and gunning" shooting offhand. Keep it clean and good luck with it.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of GoWyo
posted Hide Post
Howdy Biebs,

I had one too, about 6 years ago I sold it for needed funds. It had a lothar walther barrel and was the most accurate rifle I owned for several years. I sold it for more than I paid.

This rifle appears to be in great shape and as I'm a die hard 6mm/.243 fan, i couldn't pass it up. It may be easier on coyotes at distance than the .308. Recoil should be minimal as well. I've read where the lighter bullets in this version may not cycle the action appropriately, I'll have to play with it. Armalite and others make adjustable gas systems if I choose to go that route. I have 4 other .243's but this will be my first semi. Just curious what some are using for powder.

Damn right its loaded, it makes a lousy club. -JW

Posts: 398 | Location: Central Highlands of Wyoming | Registered: 02 January 2004Reply With Quote