Notify
Tools

New stock for my zombie gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted
Hey guys,
I'm going to upgrade the collapsible stock on my AR and have narrowed the choices to either a Magpul ACS or a Vltor Emod. Prices and features are about the same. I was wondering if anybody here had experience with either and might be able to offer me some guidance.
Thanks,
Sam

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kevin Rohrer
posted Hide Post
You have until April 2nd to finish the project. That is National Zombie Preparedness Day.

Member:
Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, Varmint Hunters' Assn., ARTCA, and American Legion.

"An armed society is a polite society" --Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

Caveat Emptor: Don't trust *Cavery Grips* from Clayton, NC. He is a ripoff.

Posts: 479 | Location: Medina, Ohio USA | Registered: 30 January 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
How are those stocks better than what you have now?

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I have the EMod on a rifle but not sure what you want to know.

Gives a little more room for a cheek weld than some of the thinner butt stocks, comes with a little recoil pad.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
guess I was a little vague. the regular M-4 style stock that is on it is a little wobbly and the cheek weld isn't very good.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Just bought two of the Magpul MOE forearms and AFG2s. Very nice!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
How are those stocks better than what you have now?

George

Some of the collapsibles designed for the recoil of the 223 will self-collapse under heavier recoil like the 458 SOCOM or 50 Beowulf. The Magpull has a good reputation for standing up to the extra force. Good know if you want to add a big bore upper later or just to know it's more durable.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
I bought the Magpul ACS. Very solid stock with no wiggle and a much better cheek weld. I'm much happier with it so far.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Didn't see this thread in time to comment ... I have used the RR Operator's Stock, the MagPul ACS and the SOPMOD. I like the SOPMOD the best with the ACS a great second (considering the price).

I think you got a great stock at a good price.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote