Find
Notify
Tools

sabre m4 carbine
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
hello all,

can anybody tell me what the sabre defence m4 carbine like for build quality against the rest.

thanks
chris

Posts: 122 | Location: uk | Registered: 03 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Sabre Defence is as good as any out there.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
very good gun. At the top end of the bunch

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thank you TC1 and lloyd smale for your vote of approval as i am thinking of buy one over here in straight pull format but what made wonder was it is £300 more than all the rest and just wondered why.

regards
chris

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Mine isn't the is the M4, it's the Competition model. It's extremely accurate and reliable.

They also build for the M16A3 and M16A4 for the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps.

Here is mine. I've owned quite a few AR-15's. This one is by far my favorite. It has a 20" stainless fluted barrel with a 1-in-8" twist. It seems to just love about any load I run through it.

Terry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi terry,

now that looks a nice piece of kit what is the scope and at what distance do you shoot it.

chris

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
The scope is a NightForce 2.5-10X24. I've shot some impressive groups at 400yds (for me Wink )but most of the time I keep it at 200yds.

Terry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
just checked on the cost of that scope over here and it is £1160.00 well terry that is almost the same cost as the sabre rifle .

regards

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The scope is a NightForce 2.5-10X24.

You lucky bugger. I want a NightForce but damn, them things is hexpensive. The old saying "You get what you pay for" rings true as crystal regarding the NF scope...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Night Force scopes get some good reviews but their weight has always put me off..

I am looking at one of their models witha 50mm objective and it weighed 30oz, where as an equivilent Zeiss or Swaro was around 17oz!

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
50mm objective and it weighed 30oz, where as an equivilent Zeiss or Swaro was around 17oz!

The amount of lead in the glass is one of the determining factors in a scope's weight. More lead-- better glass. The other is the thickness of the tube.

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have had night force scopes before the br`s and they where top notch but far to big and did not adjust that much either so that is my bit about night force scopes ,

has anybody got anymore details on sabre m4`s.

thanks

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
They Nightforce scopes have over 100 MOA adjument. That's more than most. The optics are about as good as any. The adjustments are dead nuts accurate and repeatable. The scopes are heavy but tough. I would do it again.

On Sabre, One thing I forgot to mention is they're selling a composite lower these day's called an SR-15. I've never owned one but have heard horror stories from people that have oened composite rifles in the past. Never heard anything bad about the Sabre composite but I would shy away from one if I had a choice. The aluminum one works and it's lite enough.

That's all I've got but my personal experience with the rifle has been good.

Terry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
hi terry,

what i was saying about the night force i had was the 12x42x56 benchrest and on a 0 moa rail it would not adjust enough for long distance target shooting so i had to change to 20moa rail for it to work and cheers for the info on sabre.

regards
chris

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
beer

Terry