New
Find
Notify
Tools

remmy r25 243
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i finally got a few minutes this last weekend to fire my new r25 in 243. believe me it was just a few minutes too. anyway i put about a dozen rounds down the new barrel more or less to get the 4-14 nikon on paper and see how it functioned. it was to damn miserable outside to really test anything so i just kinda stuck the barrel out the kitchen window and shot at a cardboard box set out at about 100 yds more or less. anyway the first rounds down the barrel printed in about a 1" group. i thought that was outstanding coming from a just out of the box gun leaning out a window. The chamber appears to be quite tight as i had a couple of old rounds that wouldn't chamber. those had been fired in an old fn that had a rather generous chamber. i don't think a small base die will be necessary, but i believe that the brass will have to be run all the way into a fl die. it's going to be interesting when the weather changes a bit to really run this thing through the wringer

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the saeme rifle in 308 and the chambers are VERY small. I use SB dies with mine and often times I can not get the bolt open after a day of hunting because it's so tight!