THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MODERN MILITARY RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Modern Military Rifles    At least something is looking better
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

At least something is looking better
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted
On Friday I was calling vendors to get pricing on ammo for my department. The only vendor that's been able to provide 5.56 without a lot of lag time has been Fiocchi.
When the lady quoted me the price I had last year's quote in front of me and she was $22 per thousand cheaper than last year. I asked her about that thinking she'd left off shipping, gone to 500 round cases, something to increase profit. Nope, she stated that the price of lead had gone down and they were passing the savings on to their customers.

thumb

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is he charging per thousand and is it brass?
I just ordered 3 cases of 1000 brass Federal 55 grn at $390.00 per case? I haven't found it cheaper here lately in the mountains.

Posts: 209 | Location: Montana | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Jim,
Remember that state and local agencies don't pay FET on guns or ammo and add about $20/thousand for shipping. We pay a bit over $300.00 per thousand.
Fiocchi is brass cased, the only problem I've seen is that the flash holes aren't centered in the case and the primers are staked in. Ammo shoots fine, very low flash in a couple of rifles without flash suppressors and groups well under two inches at 100 yards out of my Scoped flat top rifle.
I don't believe they sell to individuals, so you'd probably need to find a dealer, but overall it's good stuff.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will they sell to individual officers? (Esp. if I can get a group together and buy a bunch, shipped to one address!)
Robert

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
RVL III,
I've never asked them, you could try calling Fiocchi at (417) 725-4118.
They are pretty easy to deal with from my experience. thumb