Find
Notify
Tools

Value of kit rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted
I'm just getting into Ar-15's, and a guy wants to trade with me for a Stag Arms upper 6.8 SPC. The lower is a Superior Arms lower. In today's market, what would the value be? He says it's $1,000, but I don't know.

Thanks for any help,

Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
That is up to you.
Check out the Stag Arms web page for prices. You may even call and ask about availability.

Superior lowers are advertised for under $90. Mine has been on order since Nov.
Add about $60 for a LPK (good luck finding that too) and a standard buttstock for ~$30

Call the total something more than $700 and ask your self if it is worth ~$300 extra to have it now.

Unless a lot of orders get canceled, it isn't going to slow down any time soon. I've heard some makers are backlogged 20 months.

One of Us
Picture of Jriley
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I think I'll wait.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want it, buy it now, the prices are not going to drop anytime soon.lowers are going today for 165.00 and up, cant find a lower kit for under 85.00, and thats if your lucky, or wait at least 6 months, pay the price increase, cost of background check ,shipping, running it thru the books.and you still have to build the kit gun.

Posts: 34 | Location: Mellen,Wi. USA | Registered: 12 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
As others have pointed out. The big issue right now is finding parts.

With the price gouging and the general atmosphere in the AR world, I'd stand pat right now. $1000 for a used AR is high, especially for a home brewed AR.

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote