New
Find
Notify
Tools

IWI Tavor triggers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can they be adjusted downward? I have never felt a trigger this stiff.

Posts: 11954 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Geissele makes a replacement trigger for the Tavor. Not cheap though.

Geissele tavor trigger

sputster

Posts: 759 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
You can take the extra return spring out of the stock hammer pack. It lowers the pull by about 4 pounds. IIRC. Voids the warranty and may cause failures for the trigger to fully reset. Mine has worked just fine for over 1,500 rounds.

I've tried the Geisselle hammer pack / trigger system and they're a nice upgrade for $450 or so. There are other hammer packs out there. You might look around some at the Bullpup forum.

I just decided to deal with the stock hammer pack.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
All bullpup rifles will have long, heavy trigger pulls by virtue of their design. The Tavor is actually one of the better designs because it pulls rather than pushes the rod. The stock trigger can be lightened somewhat by removing the spring mentioned in an earlier response, however, your best bet is to replace the stock trigger with an aftermarket trigger pack. Geissele is my choice, but there is the TAV-D and Timney. If buying the latter, make sure it is a Gen II. Timney had problems with the original and redesigned it. The Gen II is good to go. All of these are extremely expensive and will run $350-$400+ BTW: even with a new trigger pack, don't expect a benchrest trigger pull or accuracy. The Tavor is a service rifle first and foremost and that's not going to change.

Posts: 6 | Location: CANADA  | Registered: 20 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Removal of the second spring helps but is no wonder cure. The Geissele trigger pack is really pretty good, but not as good as an excellent AR trigger.

All in all, worth doing ... the resulting rifle is really quite something!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote