Find
Notify
Tools

Info on New Browning BAR's
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
Just saw an add the other day in one of the mags that the BAR is being made again in a semi version.Anyone have any input on this? I need one like a hog needs a sidesaddle but it sure looks like fun.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
http://www.ohioordnanceworks.com/
they have guns, parts kits, 20 and 30 round mags.

Posts: 5698 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
The 19 pound M1918A2 BAR is big, heavy and outdated. Anyone who has carried one around can tell you that. A semi-auto reproduction would be fun to shoot, historically interesting, and great for reenactments.

Colt reproduction M1918:

The newer, 16" barreled version, HCAR, has been lightened up considerably. It too looks like it would would be fun to shoot but 12 pounds unloaded with open sights is still more than I want to carry around.

OOW H.C.A.R.:

For military use HCAR is already outdone by the M110 which is also available in civilian forms:

For sporting and hunting I would look toward the AR-10 (similar to the M110) or Noreen's BN36 in 30-06.

The AR-10 has been around a long time and is well proven. This is just one version of an AR-10 in .308 Win:

This 16" barreled configuration of the Noreen .30-06 BN36 only weighs 7 pounds:

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote