THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MODERN MILITARY RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Modern Military Rifles    Lightweight AR 15 project up & running
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lightweight AR 15 project up & running
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Plum Crazy lower Bushmaster upper both carbon fiber 4.5 lbs naked.
Laser, light and K1 (12" dot and CH) Warne aluminum mounts and lexan mag bring it up to 6.75 pounds. Will hold 5" @100 w.GI ball and K1, 3/4" with 4.5-14 Zeiss.
Ideal South FL "handi-gun".

Posts: 801 | Location: Pinedale WY USA & Key West FL USA | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45-70 shooter:
Plum Crazy lower Bushmaster upper both carbon fiber 4.5 lbs naked.
Laser, light and K1 (12" dot and CH) Warne aluminum mounts and lexan mag bring it up to 6.75 pounds. Will hold 5" @100 w.GI ball and K1, 3/4" with 4.5-14 Zeiss.
Ideal South FL "handi-gun".

Posts: 801 | Location: Pinedale WY USA & Key West FL USA | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Bushmaster Carbon 15, but without all that "stuff" on it! Wonderfully light, but with a red dot, an essentially short range gun. Not much over 100 yards IMHO.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd agree the sights on any AR are the limiting factor. When I put the 4.5-14 Conquest on it, it rings the 12" gong every shot at 300 meters with 55 gr LC ball. That's "minute of raghead" any day.