THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MODERN MILITARY RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Modern Military Rifles    BUSHMASTER CARBON 15 R21 (AZ-C15R21).
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BUSHMASTER CARBON 15 R21 (AZ-C15R21).
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have any experience with this particular model? its the lightest rifle in their line: around 4 lbs, and very compact. I plan to use it for fox, raccoons, coyotes. thanks

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe that I have this. Fixed stock, Carbon 15 and very light. I really like it. Mine has a red dot sight on it so it is not a precision shooter at 100 yards. Could do better with a scope, probably, but that is not why I bought it. Very fast handling for close quarters. Quite a bit of muzzle flash due to the shorter barrel.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good to know, these are very cheap, about $850.

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
How are they for reliability ??

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good question gumboot! I did have a problem with mine. It was not extracting fired cases. I sent it back to Bushmaster and they did something or other. But I still had the same problem. I determined that the problem was the rounds I was using: reloads from Georgia Arms. The internet yielded that some people think these these are loaded hot. So, I switched to my own reloads and have never had a problem since. Not conclusive evidence by any means, but enough for me.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10510 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gumboot458
posted Hide Post
How accurate are they ??

.If it can,t be grown , its gotta be mined ....

Posts: 3445 | Location: Copper River Valley , Prudhoe Bay , and other interesting locales | Registered: 19 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine will be arriving in a week or so, A flash suppressor is illegal in NY. I will be puting at 3-9x40 scope on it, since all shots will be under 50 yds. Looking forward to it.

one of us
posted Hide Post

I can't comment on the Bushmaster Carbon 15 line of rifles, but with that said I've had one of their Carbon 15 21S Pistols for a few years now, and it has run flawlessly. As far as accuracy it was a little tricky to get the EO-Tech sighted in, but once it was, it was fairly easy to hit pop cans out to 100 yards off a rest. The gun is really fun to shoot. When my wife and I go to the range and she brings it, usually someone there will ask to try it. Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All that I can say is that my Bushmaster will shoot from 1/2 to 3/4 at 100 yards with just about anything that I feed through it.

It WILL give me fits extracting if I run cheap sttel cased ammo, or too hot of a load through it.
When I load my own and keep it a grain below max then all problems go away.

(When I was a kid my father used to tell me that God hated a coward, I finally realized he has even less use for a fool.)

Posts: 887 | Location: Northwest Az | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bucko, what model Bushmaster are you talking about? The Carbon 15? if so, then that is a lot better than I am getting. What ammo (bullet weight) are you using?
Peter

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter I am sorry, I should have clarified that.
I am not sure actually, I think that it is the M4 with detachable carry handle. but now looking at it it says that the model number is XM15-E2S.
I honestly have gotten great accuracy with about everything that I have fed it, from military to handloads.
My preferred load right now is a 50 grain Ballistic Tip over 22.5 of RL 7..It is a grain under max even for an AR, but it functions perfectly with it and kills feral dogs and coyotes with ease.

(When I was a kid my father used to tell me that God hated a coward, I finally realized he has even less use for a fool.)

Posts: 887 | Location: Northwest Az | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
best friend has a carbon pistol too and his has ran flawlusly
quote:
Originally posted by billt:

I can't comment on the Bushmaster Carbon 15 line of rifles, but with that said I've had one of their Carbon 15 21S Pistols for a few years now, and it has run flawlessly. As far as accuracy it was a little tricky to get the EO-Tech sighted in, but once it was, it was fairly easy to hit pop cans out to 100 yards off a rest. The gun is really fun to shoot. When my wife and I go to the range and she brings it, usually someone there will ask to try it. Bill T.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote