New
Find
Notify
Tools

what gun & Cal
 Login/Join

Picture of deraldm
posted
I need help in what gun and Cal to get. I have AR15 204, CZ 550 6.5x55,Custom300 WIN MAG
I was looking at AT10 in 308win I Deer,Elk and target shoot and I reload
what gun & Cal

Please Help

Deraldm

posted Hide Post
The AR10 .308 is a good choice.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AR10 .308 is a classic. If you want something interesting, the AR10-t can also be had in the .300 SAUM.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
get a kennedy commerative--6.5 carcano

If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tuff.

Posts: 393 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 01 January 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The AR10 by DPMS in either 308 or (my fav) 260 Rem. is awesome. Both in accuracy and whack-ability. A friend of mine has both cal. and I have the 260; both will shoot under 1/2 inch at 100 yds. consistently ! Hard to believe, but true. I haven't had a chance to use the 300 yd. range yet; but I know I won't be disappointed. Only "fly in the ointment" is the trigger; and they have come out with a match trigger that I think has solved that. Don't know if they are putting it in all their guns though. One thing you should know; they ain't light weight ! Opps, they just came out with a light 308 and that match trigger in it ! Even has a muzzle brake. Check that one out for sure. Charles

Posts: 17 | Location: roanoke, va. | Registered: 24 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might take a look @ the " M1A SOCOM ", as another option to consider.

http://springfield-armory.com/armory.php?model=22

I've seriously considered getting one, as a kick around, all purpose " Highpower Rifle " (308 Cal).

I already have a " M1 Garand (30/06)/ National Match AR (.223) / Bolt Action Mauser (8mm)".

PAPI

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And " IF " you have extra $$$$, to play with ..here's another version.

Fulton Armory
U.S. Rifle, Cal. 7.62MM,
M14 SOCOM
http://www.fulton-armory.com/

PAPI

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I totaly agree.. " ARMALITE " were theeee original " AR " designers, which later sold the rights to " COLT ", due to the lack of contacts (Political) & funds !!

My personal " M15 A2 NATIONAL MATCH RIFLE " was made by " ARMALITE ".. thumb

PAPI

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I believe that DPMS calls their's a "LR 308"

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 6.8 stag, they are around 900. I killed a caribou with it this fall and I'm sure with a kill zone shot, would kill a moose too. We have several 223 15's, wish they were all 6.8s or something bigger.

Armalite has a 338 fed in AR-10; have one ordered but it's spendy, 1700. Good out to 3-4 hundred yards; will be my road hunting moose gun in the future.

Posts: 521 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 12 April 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at the JP 308 "AR".
Their lighter weight one.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote