Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22Long Rifle AR15/Upper
 Login/Join

posted
Great feature of the AR15 platform is that you can make many rifles from one receiver. For those shooting High Power matches with their Service or Match version of the 15, a 22LR upper is a real aide in practice shooting to develop all those skills needed. Various mfg's out there but would suggest you make sure the barrel is the right twist, not the std. 7,8,9, etc. Believe the 22LR is normally twisted at 16 or so. Using 22 ammo is just fine at 100 yards and certainly helps or forces you to watch the wind and conditions. Off season or during the season and by using the 22LR the costs for shooting is a heck of a lot less. I use a Compass Lake version and can say that the accuracy is right there on a level with my 40X small bore, so you won't lose any performance. Just a suggestion.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I love my 22 convertor. Sprayed it down with WD 40 put it in, jammed the first shell and has been running like a spotted ape ever since.

While it may not be a separate receiver, just an adaptor, it is a great piece of metal for $150.

Posts: 6254 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jerry H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
I love my 22 convertor. Sprayed it down with WD 40 put it in, jammed the first shell and has been running like a spotted ape ever since.

While it may not be a separate receiver, just an adaptor, it is a great piece of metal for $150.

This was the last straw, Mister Reich. Mad I broke down last night after reading this and seeing that Midway was clearing them out for $147. Ordered the Ceiner and an extra 25 round Black Dog mag. Might prove fun during my November sabbatical to my ranch on OK.

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it's gone.

Posts: 44 | Location: East of Houston | Registered: 09 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry H:
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:

This was the last straw, Mister Reich. Mad I broke down last night after reading this and seeing that Midway was clearing them out for $147. Ordered the Ceiner and an extra 25 round Black Dog mag. Might prove fun during my November sabbatical to my ranch on OK.

Cool, now you're 1/2 way there. dancing Next you need a .22 LR suppressor and it's smiles for miles. I have one that I put on my dedicated .22 upper from Tactical Solutions and now the only problem is keeping the magazines full!

Posts: 277 | Location: Murphy, TX | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jerry H
posted Hide Post
That you skilter ?

hehe

Sound moderators are the genteel thing to use, doncha know . wave

My mind works like lightning. One brilliant flash and it's gone.

Posts: 44 | Location: East of Houston | Registered: 09 October 2009Reply With Quote