New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left Hand AR
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone make a left hand AR 10? Is it possible to get a left hand .458 SOCOM? I see the .223-based rifles, but nothing larger.

one of us
posted Hide Post
None that I know of.

But it really doesn't seem like that much of a loss to me - the AR is one of the most ambidextrous rifles I can think of.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
The biggest downside for me being left handed and shooting AR's is the empty cases ejecting in front of my right eye. I would much prefer the ejection port on the left side. I still have a piece of an AR upper embedded next to my right eye from an incident in 2001. (I have never shot another round loaded by someone other than me since)

one of us
posted Hide Post
All STAG AR15 rifles are available in either true left-hand or right-hand.

Seem to be a pretty good rifle.

Posts: 1003 | Registered: 01 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
Stag isn't making a lefty .308 platform yet, but they do have a 6.8spc available. I have a LH Stag .223 that I am very happy with. Hope to get the 6.8 upper soon.

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nanook 450
posted Hide Post
I bought my first AR yesterday, the left-handed Stag Arms. Why I've waited so long to buy an AR is unclear . . . I went nuts last night and this morning, placed a $500 order for various ammo, $200 order on Brownell's for a bunch of after-market stuff.

Bought the flat top model - had to have iron sights, sling, about 12 extra magazines, front grip that holds a magazine, bayonet (sp) lug, cleaning tools, chamber cover - who knows what else.

My wife, and two girls love it already - the stock adjusts to fit them - I'm sticking with iron sights.

When Stag makes a 308 left handed, I'm getting one - may never happen.

Posts: 247 | Location: Norman, OK & Marble Falls, TX | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you get the .223 or the 6.8? I wish they would also make uppers for the cartridges based on the .223, like the .458 SOCOM etc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been shooting a right hand Colt Sporter since 1978 and it hasn't bothered me a bit. Like another guy said, they're one of the most ambidextrous rifles ever made.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nanook 450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jelmore4:
Did you get the .223 or the 6.8? I wish they would also make uppers for the cartridges based on the .223, like the .458 SOCOM etc.

Got the .223, did not know they make a 6.8 in left handed version. I hope they come out with other versions too - I'm real glad to have this one.

Posts: 247 | Location: Norman, OK & Marble Falls, TX | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
Been shooting the M16A2 or the M4 for the last 10yrs in the Army I'm a lefty and shooting it doesn't bother me at all after hundred rounds over the yrs never had a empty hit me in the face. The only time I have been hit by flying hot brass was from other shooters on the zero range...

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had an SP-1 way back in 1983. It didn't have the bump on the side and it threw hot ones down my shirt more than once. Neither of my two present carbines (one is a 1994 Colt, bought 30 days before The Ten Years of Idiocy began) have the bump, but one seems to have had the ejector redesigned to spit 'em out front to about 2 o'clock. The Colt throws 'em backwards. Both of my handbuilt bench queens have the bump...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote