New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Show intelligence test
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Situation: A "dealer" puts a gun on his table. You ask him what he wants to sell it for. He refuses to take cash but will take only a trade for the firearm.

He says that the ATF is trying to entrap him on any cash transaction for this particular firearm.

What is your gut reaction?!!!! bewildered

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Move on to another table. Big Grin

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
space

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Walk away without making eye contact.

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DMCI*
posted Hide Post
If he won't take cash or money, offer him the equivalent in Federal Reserve notes!

--------------------

EGO sum bastard ut does frendo

Posts: 2821 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
do the two words "Butterfly Net" mean anything...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
do the two words "Butterfly Net" mean anything...

Rich

Bingo!

Posts: 13301 | Location: On the Couch with West Coast Cool | Registered: 20 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Apparently...."daMan" feels there SHOULD be a gut reaction. Why??

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Were there black heliocopters circling above?

Posts: 245 | Location: The Show Me State | Registered: 27 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by strapman:
Were there black heliocopters circling above?

And the whole SWAT squad deployed on the ground as well !!! LOL

Legend in his own mind !

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suspected that the old squirrel thought that the piece was "hot" and wanted to avoid the required paperwork for a cash sale.

You run into some real nutjobs at gunshows!

One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaMan:
You run into some real nutjobs at gunshows!

But since you can no longer find any real deals at gun shows the "colorful" types are what keep me going back. I think of it as cheap entertainment.
Big Grin

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
+1
People watching is the most fun thing to do at gun shows anymore.

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick R:
But since you can no longer find any real deals at gun shows the "colorful" types are what keep me going back. I think of it as cheap entertainment.
Big Grin

Oh, sheet, Rick R! You are certainly right about that! tu2

But there's a "creapy/crazy" factor that some of these folks exude! .... (I'm sure you know what I mean!) Wink

posted Hide Post
Take your wife or girlfriend to a gunshow and ask later what she saw that interested her. Universally I hear something about old white men who need to bathe more often.

Posts: 6 | Location: Westminster, Colorado | Registered: 19 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Hmmm....our show must be a little different crowd. We go to see all the trophy mistresses and strippers walking around with their old white boyfriends.

The only other place you'll see that many plastic titties in one building is at the factory that makes them.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So that's what a "trophy mistress" is! Roll Eyes

An old tatooed gunshow wench with a bucket load of tats and bad teeth?!!!

Hard to tell if they're just old and burnt out ...... or done too much meth! Eeker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
People can be so stupid sometimes. A guy was in my shop a few weeks ago and asked me like four times if i could turn some semi auto rifles into full auto guns for him. How many times can you tell a moron that that would be illegal before he gets it? Then he got all pissed off like i was the a--hole. Dont come back stupid.

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Probably and ATF agent or paid informant. They used to walk around the Houston Gun Show asking the same thing at tables.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
About halfway through the conversation i decided he was probably a dumba$$ who got himself pinched by the ATF and was trying to get his charges droped by baiting someone else for them. Could be paranoid, but i hate dealing with morons anyway so i was happy to see him angry and walking out the door!

Curtis

Posts: 706 | Location: Between Heaven and Hell | Registered: 10 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am happy I leave this field but I have had some great moments. Like the guy I sent to hell after he proposed me twice the amount in cash if I accepted to sell a carbine without requiring the licence he had to show me.
He kept coming along the morning and seeing the carbine was still there, proposed more money every time until I made my answer public in a very loud voice that I would not sell without the required paperwork.
Funnily enough, I went through a complete check of all my exhibited firearms and my book ten minutes later..

Another even better story is when a guy proposed me a french police service pistol against payment in cash, I said OK, paid and took my book to register the pistol like the law says I have to do in ordr to legalize a gun detained without the proper licensing. Since not a lot of gunsmiths are licensed to sell handguns and handguns are not sold on gunshows but only in gunshops, he did not even think I may be licensed and he asked his pistol back. I said OK, do you have the proper acquisition license? He became white and flipped his ID and badge. but I could not give someone a pistol without the proper paperwork. His superior came and I let go. I was a green horn, that was my second gunshow as exhibitor. What a f*****g world and society we live in.

Posts: 157610 | Location: Ukraine, Europe. | Registered: 12 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys ... we all know the rules when it comes to acquiring a firearm... so whats the problem. There is no way I'd risk my gun shootin' rights, just to avoid the "paperwork".

So in a "nut"shell, why make his problem... yours.