THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MODERN MILITARY RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Modern Military Rifles    "best" bcg .. or does it matter, for accuracy?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"best" bcg .. or does it matter, for accuracy?
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
What do you think? Which BCG do you prefer, or do you think it matters?

I've got 2 milspec new BCGs, and I was wondering if you guys think a "better" bcg is "more better" for accuracy?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38460 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Your gas tube length and buffer/buffer spring will shine head over heals vs bcg

I like an H3 with a Tubbs SSS and rifle length gas

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Quickstrike
posted Hide Post
Not the bolt carrier itself, but aren't the bolts matched to the barrel and its extension on the uber precision builds?

Posts: 72 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 05 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of citori
posted Hide Post
Don't worry about the brand, but get a M-16 carrier with the full sized rear ring.

Tanzania in 2006! Had 141 posts on prior forum as citori3.

Posts: 266 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I use them without regard to brand.
Quick; M16 parts are made with some pretty amazing precision these days, so usually, everything fits with regard to headspace. Now, some smith might fit a chamber to the low end of the tolerance, but for most uses, I have found that bolts are interchangeable.

Posts: 17102 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I won't speak for BCGs, but bolts darned sure matter. I have been playing with a particular wildcat for almost two years, and in the process bought a "beefed up" bolt that was supposedly mil-spec. Well, guess what? The bolt was oversized just enough that it took lapping with fine grade valve lapping compound and about 200 cyclings of the action to eliminate the interference fit and allow the bolt to unlock from the extension.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doubless,

but think how much better you feel having an uber precision assembly.

I would see no advantage to anyone not shooting match grade rifle.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do like "coated" BCGs. Have two BCMs and an ARP. They stay cleaner and clean up nicely.

Doesn't seem to affect accuracy much though. More important to free float the barrel, and square and bed the barrel into the upper.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agrree with Citori, Using M16 bcg in my new build no issues and accurate.

The things you see when you don't have a gun.
NRA Endowment Life Member
Proud father of an active duty
Submariner... Go NAVY!

Posts: 436 | Location: Lynchburg, Home of Texas Independence | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I lost track of which MPC bolt goes with which carrier/upper. Bought some well-used FN MP bolts and swapped them in, too.

Posts: 670 | Location: Dover-Foxcroft, ME | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote