New
Find
Notify
Tools

M14 Build
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm thinking of having an M14-type rifle built, civilian, of course. Any suggestions about what builders to look at?

Posts: 1006 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some years ago there were several good builders of the M1A available but have long lost track of them. Today, I would contact Fulton Armory in Savage, MD and discuss a build with them, they know what they are doing and take pride in their rifles. You may well know that Fulton has their own receivers and would most likely provide true mil spec parts for the build, no imported "oriental" sourced parts. Just a suggestion based on past experience.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Another very respected " Service Rifle Gunsmith " closer to you.

Accuracy Speaks: Mesa Arizona
http://www.accuracyspeaks.com/index.htm
http://www.accuracyspeaks.com/m-1___m-1a.htm
http://www.accuracyspeaks.com/custom26.jpg

PAPI

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I'll check them out.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot several Armscorp [they are in Maryland] M 14's and they were great, but I am not sure if they are in business,

I have a couple of buddies that have Fulton M 1/A's and they too were very good.

I have also heard good things about Accuracy Speaks

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Having reviewed M14tfl.com, I found some good info. LBR receivers are forged and are considered top of the line. SEI makes an "improved" M14 that sells well to .mil customers. Springfield Armory takes some hits for having a long warranty instead of an expensive Quality Assurance program to prevent problems. Fulton Armory is not well considered.

Thanks for the start.

one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
You won't be disappointed with a Fulton rifle - they'll compare favorably to anyone's. What will drive you insane is dealing with them as a business. Clint is a friend, and I shot his rifles competitively for many years.

They are very good, expensive and take FOR EVER.

Mark

"Greatness without Grace is mere Vanity" - Hank the Cowdog

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would also agree that the Fulton Armory M14 is about as good as they come. Could be wrong on this, but I believe FA's receivers are mfg. by Armscorp, but to FA's specifications. FA's M14's are expensive and lengthy delivery, but attention to detail, overall fit and finish, performance, true to original design, tough to beat in my opinion.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
One more thumbs up for Fulton. I have one they built for me about 12 years ago. I furnished a Springfield receiver and they built the rifle for NRA High Power. The AR-15s rule High Power but I still love my M1A.