New
Find
Notify
Tools

QR Scope mount for LMT?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just picked up a new LMT AR. I have a Leupold 6.5x-20x AO that I would like to mount for varmits. Of course, I also want to be set up for any "varmits" I find lurking in my house. Suggestion for QR mounts?

Posts: 870 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a LaRue that is true return to zero. I shot it and pulled it off about 35 times in a row and poi never moved, all bullets were under 3/4 moa. American Defense makes a really good one also that if I bought another one I might use it due to price. AD's qd mount is very stout and they are a great company. IMHO those 2 are the only true qd's that are ABSOLUTELY return to zero.

Perry

Posts: 2246 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Perry. The AD's are on the way.

Cheers,

DG

one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
So I'm a little late and the OP made his choice.

I run Larue when it matters. I have the Armalite one-piece mount that is surprisingly repeatable for a $80 mount.

For future reference, here's a link that compares all of the AR15 one piece mounts on the market.

http://www.maxicon.com/guns/op..._onepiece_mounts.htm

I have pics of both mounts on the same rifle if someone wants to see them.

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 to Zeke. LaRue makes a great product so you won't be dissapointed -- wallet will be lighter though!!

I also think the Armalite is pretty decent. Have used it on AR 10 for a few years and its good.

The LaRue's are dead nuts!!

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Do you loctite the bottom screws as LaRue recommends? Is that needed in a non-tactical (i.e. pig popping not from a heli) application?

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Zeke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
Do you loctite the bottom screws as LaRue recommends? Is that needed in a non-tactical (i.e. pig popping not from a heli) application?

I've never had to use Loctite on my Larue mount. Stays put during Practical Rifle matches.

Posts: 655 | Location: Oregon Monsoon Central | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Seems pretty solid to me as well.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AD QR base arrived today - piece of cake to install.

On an unrelated note, where can I find 10-round mags for an LMT?

Thanks again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doublegun:
AD QR base arrived today - piece of cake to install.

On an unrelated note, where can I find 10-round mags for an LMT?

Thanks again.

Brownell's www.brownells.com

Perry

Posts: 2246 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote