New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rock River LAR-8 info wanted
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have any experience with a LAR-8? Looking for updated info after I saw just a few posts from a search of all the forums

I've had considerable dealings with their 223's but none with the 308's.
Not sure that I like that some of their parts are proprietary.

Any issues with the polymer mags?
FAL mags a problem?
Reliability?
Likes,dislikes anything else of interest?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've heard they are having some problems with their LAR-08. Main one being feeding problems.

The reason parts on their LAR are proprietary is because some of their employees were past Armalite employees and RRA was told by Armalite if they produce an AR 10 type rifle that no parts had better be interchangeable with Armalite's AR 10 or they would be sued.

If I were in the marker for an AR 10 type rifle I'd consider the DPMS or Armalite. Fulton Armory is now making a pretty innovative one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one, three of my friends each have one. No feeding issues that I'm aware of. They are all robust accurate rifles. Oh yeah, great triggers too. In fact one of my friends won the local "F" class 1000yd match with his last month. You have a PM.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
funny thing; our local PD just got two this past week. They have Gemtech cans on them, and with the cans on they shoot 12-14 inches lower at 100yds. Good L&R, but too low to be of use with and without. Go figure"

2moa +/-.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Update, nobody claims responsibility, but the rifles went back to Gem-Tech and three days later returned to the PD. They shoot to the same poi now.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote