Find
Notify
Tools

'FPS Russia' - Murder in Georgia?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Over the past year or two I have received several viral emails of links to Youtube videos of 'FPS Russia'. Beyond the guy with the fake Russian accent I must admit that I enjoyed some of the weaponry he shot. Lots of Class III stuff. The full-auto Glock 18 (?) with the drum magazine was probably my favorite.

Recently did some google 'net research and stumbled upon some news (?); the two primaries in 'FPS' were Keith Ratliff and Kyle Myers and were based in Georgia. The latter is the 'Dmitri Potapoff' complete with fake accent that was featured in a lot of the videos on Youtube. Keith Ratliff was the provider of the weapons. Apparently Mr. Ratliff was found shot to death in Carnesville,Georgia in early January. It's being investigated as a homocide.
There are 'net reports of search warrants as the investigation continues.

Might there be an A-R member that has some local perspective on FPS Russia or confirmation of the shooting?

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Homocide? Is that the mass killing of gays? Big Grin

I too have enjoyed some of this guys videos. Not related to the homicide but his home was recently raided by the BATFEckers. Something about illegal explosives? No arrests were made in the raid.

Posts: 481 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: 14 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
no pun intended on that typo Big Grin

I read the 'net reports of the recent raid. I suspect they were looking for a lot of things but indications are they did not seize anything.

Sounds like a real 'who-dunnit' murder case.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:
no pun intended on that typo Big Grin

I read the 'net reports of the recent raid. I suspect they were looking for a lot of things but indications are they did not seize anything.

Sounds like a real 'who-dunnit' murder case.

Some liberal whiner probably saw FPS Russia on youtube and complained to the Feds - and the Feds being the Feds did what they do.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote