Find
Notify
Tools

I did it
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of 323
posted
This past saturday I took the plunge and bought myself a brand new Bushmaster M4 copy... Yes I got caught up in the Obama assault weapon ban that might come or might not. I remember the assualt weapon ban from the 90's. One day you could get them and next thing you know they were banned and what ones you could find for sale were way out of my price range... I had to decide between the bushmaster or the smith and wesson version... Right now it is to dang cold to go shoot it so might have to wait until I get back from Afghanistan in a yr to shoot it...

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the world of sport utillity rifle shooters. Remember you can take it out shooting in weather that would make a purty wooden stocked rifle miserable. CRYBABY

jumping

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yessirree, with full permission from my wife Wink she and I are still celebrating Obama's win. In his honor I bought $2,200 worth of bullets, powder, primers, and hi-cap mags for my 10-22 and the AR(s) that I've never owned.
Just put the order in for both a stripped lower and a complete lower with a collapsing stock. I want a 16 inch tactical setup and a 24 inch bull barrel long range setup with A2 stock. I hope all this is preparing for nothing, never the less. Now the wait for those backordered items begins. Congrats on your purchase.

Posts: 323 | Location: Keithville, La. USA | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
I found a deal on a Stag it is the lefty version and I'm left handed the wife said I could go and get it as well... I have the best wife ever...

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good for you! You won't regret buying one.

When do you leave for Afganistan? God bless, and you will be in our thoughts!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two built and am waiting for a kit to come in for my son's. They are so darn accurate I have completely done away with .223 bolt rifles.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kudu56:

I leave next week Frowner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 323:
quote:

I leave next week Frowner

GODSPEED AND A SAFE RETURN patriot

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I leave next week

Short notice, but do you need anything before you go?

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
I'm good to go as of now... Thanks for the offer though. That is why I bought the Bushmaster and Stag not sure when I get back a yr from now if I will be able to buy one..

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
My interests have generally been sporting rifles and shotguns but I too now own a S&W M&P 15 and 2 FALs, with extra mags, scope mounts and shitloads of ammo. I really enjoy the FALs.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fla3006:
My interests have generally been sporting rifles and shotguns but I too now own a S&W M&P 15 and 2 FALs, with extra mags, scope mounts and shitloads of ammo. I really enjoy the FALs.

Same here just good ol hunting rifles I love a rifle with real pretty peice of wood.

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I leave next week

Short notice, but do you need anything before you go?

Acouple of lessons I learned 30 some odd years ago. Don't stand next to the guy with the radio, avoid the mouthy guy and try to be behind the biggest guy in the squad.

Good luck, God's protection upon you and thanks for your service.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buy 'em face to face. from now on.

Posts: 10008 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jkingrph
posted Hide Post
Seven or eight years ago I started stockpiling some ammo. Got a case of 5.56 from British Aerospace, 1000 primed Winchester cases, and a few thousand once fired military which I slowly prepped, deprimed, sized, trimmed, removed primer crimp ect. I also did the same with 30-06 ammo, couple of thousand in en bloc clips as well as about 5000 empty cases.

I just oreder a 6.5 Grendel upper for one of my AR's, I got a couple of thousand 7.62x39 and already have them resized for the Grendel, of course they will have have to be fire formed, but that can be an ongoing process.

JJK

Posts: 299 | Location: E. Texas, NE Louisiana | Registered: 10 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got a couple of thousand 7.62x39 and already have them resized for the Grendel, of course they will have have to be fire formed, but that can be an ongoing process.

The problem with fireforming, in these times, is that you have to use up a bullet to use the case. Is it possible to fire the bullet in anger used to fireform the case and still hit the intended target? Can't waste nothin' no more, you know......

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote