New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who has a Sharps?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
One of my favorite rifles in my little collection is a original Sharp's 1874 45-70 that is a original. What are some of your favorites?

Posts: 518 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not a Sharps, but my two favorite have to be my 1888 Trapdoor with ramrod bayonet that I bought when I was 10 years old. Paid $5 per week for 9 weeks.
Second is a pre 64 M70, 375 H&H that has been to Africa (not by me, damn it!) that was sent in the white to Marker Machine Co. to be "black chromed" on the outside and hard chromed on the bolt. Other than that, it was bone stock and still is.

Posts: 1649 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 11 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Don't have originals but I have a nice selection of Pedersoli's (top to bottom 45/90, 45/70, 50/70, 50/90 & 40/65)

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BAW,

so, you coming over for the Quigley Rifle Matches in Forsyth, Montana this June or not? Fly into Boise, ride up with me, and we'll stop at MVA and Shiloh Sharps on the way up.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bad Ass Wallace:
Don't have originals but I have a nice selection of Pedersoli's (top to bottom 45/90, 45/70, 50/70, 50/90 & 40/65)

Cool!
At the moment, I´m thinking about to buy my second Sharps rifle. I have a Pedersoli Boss in .45-70, and I love it. The only is, I will change the sight to this one. http://www.davide-pedersoli.co...sories/USA%20407.jpg
But I dont´t know which Sharps should I buy. The new Pedersoli "Bench Rest" .22 l.r., a Creedmoor #2 .38-55 or the Competion made in .45-90? Or a Shilo, but in Germany very expensive, with prices between 2700.- and 5000.-€. I saw also a C.Sharps High Wall made in .32-40 for 3300.-€, very nice with mid range diopter. Hmmm......
I don´t know.

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
BAW,

so, you coming over for the Quigley Rifle Matches in Forsyth, Montana this June or not? Fly into Boise, ride up with me, and we'll stop at MVA and Shiloh Sharps on the way up.

Rich

Love to take you up on that sometime. This year I'm loading up the "war wagon for a 2500mile tour of our southern states, a few cowboy matches, some BPCR, a muzzleloading rondevoux, and finishing at our Wodonga Big Bore shoot in June.

The big bore shoot is a fantastic gathering for all the "big bore" fans, bolts, doubles etc 505Gibbs, 600/50BMG.

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take a couple weeks, shoot the Quigley and a few BPCRS matches, and see the Custer Battlefield and Yellowstone Park. We'd go right thru there on the way and it is now legal to take firearms in Natl Parks.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote