THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN COLLECTING FORUM

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

does this Henry Golden Boy have additional value?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My brother bought one from a gunshop new, in the box, with the octagon barrel in .22 long rifle. I see there is a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $409. Duffy said he ran a box of .22 long rifle's cartridges through the rifle and on the last cartridge, the rifle jammed. He cannot unjam it, so he is sending it off to the company for repair. While writing down all the information he noticed that the serial number was 00092. Does a low serial number raise value and if so, what would one be worth, if it has been shot? Thanks Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It appears that no one on this board has a clue to the answer, so, can you direct me to another board or forum which may offer some help. Thanks ... Tom Purdom

Posts: 499 | Location: Eudora, Ks. | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of darwinmauser
posted Hide Post
Try this site.

http://www.winchestercollector.org/guns/1860henry.shtml

It's mercy, compassion and forgiveness I lack; not rationality.

Posts: 2414 | Location: Humpty Doo NT Australia | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
7x57

Not trying to be rude by ignoring you. The rifle is still available retail and not particularly scarce, so it's collector value is almost nil. And they are available new for less than retail as well. That it has a low serial number is neat, and maybe in years to come it might command an extra 5-10%.

For the time being they can still be bought, and perhaps somebody could search around and find one with another unique serial number.

Chances are this is not an investment type collector piece. Shoot it, take care of it, and enjoy it.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information. I'll tell Duffy to go ahead and shoot the heck out of it. I didn't know if the low serial number would make it a collector's item or not. Thanks again ... Tom Purdom