New
Find
Notify
Tools

Low-Ball Offers
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
One thing makes me edit some of my own posts is when you mention having a desirable firearm you end up getting PM's or e-mail with ridiculous offers. I know I can ignore this but it really pisses me off when other posters seem to be fishing for idiots. Mention that you have a desirable Savage 99 or pre-64 anything and you're likely to get an offer that's well below book. One time I got a PM offerring about half what a Savage 99 was worth when it wasn't even for sale. I responded that it was a shooter at that price and got an immediate response offerring almost double the original offer. I'd rather use it as a garden stake rather than sell to that jerk. I just enjoy a forum where we can discuss what we own without thinking other posters are out to take advantage. Just a pet peeve here. Ed

Posts: 161 | Location: Seattle - temporarily! | Registered: 04 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know, I kind of like it on the rare occasion that somebody wants something that I have.

it doesn't happen to me hardly ever though, so i probably don't see it the same way as you. :-)

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ain't dickering, horsetrading, and hornswaggling half the fun of the game?

I deeply love trolling my best piece through gunshows and messing with the sharpies.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HAR!

What makes me want to puke is when somebody drags out a gun...any kind, make, etc., and then expects people to fall over the line in front of them to pay whatever the owner envisions the gun to be worth...and that is generally 'what this here book says...'. Just because the owner reads in the Blue Book of Gun Values that his pet gun that belonged to late Uncle Seymour, replete with taped on forearm and his initials electro-penciled in the receiver and brass tacks adorning the home made stock whittled from a chair leg, doesn't have a damned thing to do with its real value. If you want to move something, price it to sell, otherwise keep it squirreled away in the closet....the spiders need a place to nest.

Posts: 288 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote