Find
Notify
Tools

Gettin a rifle from US to Canada
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bc300winguy
posted
Anyone have any experience with a Canadian buy a rifle in the US and bringing it back to Canada? The border guys are no help, guys on both sides say they don't know. I don't want someone to tell me I'm doing something wrong in the middle of trying to export it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Canadian Resident? Contact whatever branch of the Canadian govt. which controls firearm registration. Canadian Customs is not the agency responsible for gun imports. They're just charged with checking security at the border.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Google "firearms customs brokers" and take your pick.

Mike Ryan - Gunsmith

Posts: 352 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 31 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Canuck32
posted Hide Post
BC,
I have used Questar 2 times now and they are expensive but do get the job done.
Another one I found just recently which looks good is: http://www.davessports.com/ind...ction&id=9&Itemid=64

Haven't tried them but their prices seems fair. Questar is 750 +++

If you have that much to fight for, then you should be fighting. The sentiment that modern day ordinary Canadians do not need firearms for protection is pleasant but unrealistic. To discourage responsible deserving Canadians from possessing firearms for lawful self-defence and other legitimate purposes is to risk sacrificing them at the altar of political correctness."

- Alberta Provincial Court Judge Demetrick

Posts: 615 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pop over to Canadian Gunnutz; there are any number of dealers who can help you out. Milarm in Edmonton is one who comes to mind.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote