THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN COLLECTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gun Collecting    Baker Batavia Leader SxS 12 gauge w/ Damascus barrels

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baker Batavia Leader SxS 12 gauge w/ Damascus barrels
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted
Posted this in shotgunning section but figure I might get a response here. Just picked this piece up. Serial # 82XXX. Serials match on receiver, barrels, and forearm. Nice checkered wood and locks up tight. Estimate 70%+ and was wondering what information and/or value someone might have. Pics not taken yet but I can if it would help.
Thanks

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

Posts: 668 | Location: WA | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice guns. Not really super sought after, but somewhat collectable.
I recently sold this one for $450.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
Looks like a nice piece. You didn't mention if it was a Baker or a later Folsom model. What did you base your price off of?

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

Posts: 668 | Location: WA | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was a Baker 1st Model. I priced a bit more than I paid for it, just wanted to get $ back out of it to fund another project. Look on Gunbroker, there's some listed from high to low $s, no bid activity on any of them.

Baker info: http://www.bakercollectors.com/

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote