Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington model 141 value
 Login/Join

posted
I have a Remington 141 30 rem in descent shape probably 85% - 90% looking for a value on this rifle and is there any collector value to it..
thanks,mixer

US Outfitters suck!!!

Posts: 28 | Location: Camp Verde,Az | Registered: 14 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
The 141 is a fine classic rifle and would have some collector value. Although, I think you would need it in better codition (98%+) to get top values. In an area like PA. where they are very popular for hunting (and autoloading rifles are illegal for deer hunting) you would probably be able to sell this rifle for about $400.00. The interesting part of your gun is the chambering-- .30 Remington. This chambering is seen much less than the .35 Remington and might add some value for a collector. For a shooter-- it would probably be a negative as I do not believe ammo or cases are readily available. I hope this infor is of help!

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:
you would probably be able to sell this rifle for about $400.00.
That's a little overly optimistic. A Remington 14 or 141 would have to be near mint to get $400. I have a Model 14 in .25 Remington that would tickle me to pieces if I could get $400. These rifles don't start generating collector interest until they start showing up in factory deluxe grades with checkered wood, etc.

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Guy,
probably just a regional difference. Pump hipowers are very popular in PA. The autoloaders are not legal for hunting,and there are literally millions of hunters. PA has one of the most interesting hunting traditions anywhere. Now, here in Ohio, you could not give away a 141. We are a shotgun only state-- high power rifles only see in varmit calibers for the most part.

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:
Guy,
probably just a regional difference. Pump hipowers are very popular in PA. The autoloaders are not legal for hunting,and there are literally millions of hunters. PA has one of the most interesting hunting traditions anywhere. Now, here in Ohio, you could not give away a 141. We are a shotgun only state-- high power rifles only see in varmint calibers for the most part.
Regional? I don't think so. There are MUCH better pump rifles out there that have had much more poularity in PA, like the Remington 760/7600/Model 6. The Remington 14/141 rifles are overly complicated, don't have ready provisions for scope mounting, and with the exception of the .35 Remington, are chambered in obsolete cartridges. Parts? HA!!! Forget that noise. Better have access to a good machinist and TiG welder.

I am well aware of Ohio and PA hunting and shooting preferences, as I have a close friend from PA who now lives in Cleveland (he is also an FFL holder who regularly hits the Allentown, Erie, Williamsport, and Lancaster shows as well as others). He keeps me updated.

Posts: 475 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 15 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello buckeyeshooter,
I would not pay much attention to "just some guy" for he constantly takes opposing views with about everyone on here, and he is named very correctly, "just some guy..." and that pretty well says it all. The Remington rifle being discussed is a classic deer rifle for the Eastern woods hunting scene and the pricing generally runs from a low of 275.00 to as much as 450+ depending on condition. If one would find a "high grade" version, price would be much more. Granted, I am not an absolute expert on this matter, but if you want the "absolute..." answer, I am sure just some guy will get back to you.
Favor Center!!
dsiteman

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiteman:
The Remington rifle being discussed is a classic deer rifle for the Eastern woods hunting scene and the pricing generally runs from a low of 275.00 to as much as 450+ depending on condition.
Absolutely not. Take a gander at his classified ad, no takers at $275. Unless YOU are willing to pony up $450 for his rifle, I'd suggest you STFU and keep your bonehead advice to yourself.

Tubular magazine rifle, chambered in obsolete cartridges, no provisions for mounting a scope, spare parts non-existent (have your mammy look up those words, pal), and you HONESTLY think anything besides a nearly-NIB example will bring $450???? I want what you're smoking. Tell you what, slick, send me $450 for my Model 14 in .25 Remington and I'll deliver it in person.