Notify
Tools

Class 3 Weapons- how high will they go?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted
Topic says it.

Made a great investment a few years back (unknowingly) and bought an Uzi, Mac 10 and M16 (w/short/long barrel combo).

Any thoughts.............

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1429 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see them unsold by the dozens at the Hilton gunshows in Reno every time I go. I seem to recall a full-stock M-16 going for $25,000 last time I perused One-eyed Jack's table...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting question. My impression was that they had taken a hit with the recent downturn in the economy. Acecdotally the upswing in prices is due to doctors and lawyers getting into the "rock and roll" fun. I don't know how true this is. Having said that, one needs to recognize a bubble when one sees one, and not get too greedy. As long as I enjoy mine I will keep it, but it is nice that they appreciate!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10514 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Price is usually,based on the type of weapon and demand in the market place.My Reising has increased somewhat over the years.But when I bought it,they were not that popular.But my MAC 11/9 with suppressor was a in demand item and priced such.To quote PETER "As long as I enjoy mine I will keep it".

Posts: 714 | Location: CT | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to uncle the supply is very limited so when the market is limited the price goes up.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FMC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
Thanks to uncle the supply is very limited so when the market is limited the price goes up.

True. I bought them for fun, paid $7K for all three. I of course assume that having an existing "stamp" etc is also insurance if for some reason future ownership of them were to be "closed." The only problem would be if they were to also shut down the transfer of existing stamps, etc.

Next toy will be a suppressor for an AR I have for hog hunting (I live in a rice farming community...they're thick as cockroaches), which already has a 3rd Gen. night scope.

There are two types of people in the world: those that get things done and those who make excuses. There are no others.

Posts: 1429 | Location: El Campo Texas | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Canada there are handguns that are considered "prohibited" rather than just "restricted" prohibs can only be owned by people who are grandfathered by having owned the gun before they were prohibited. So if something like that were to happen in your part of the world the price would plummet. I could buy some nice guns here for a few hundred bucks if I was liscenced for prohibs.

And before everyone jumps on me and says "it'll never happen here" you can never be too sure what will happen when the bleeding hearts take power.

Just my opinion, if you've made some profit and are done shooting them...dump them.

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
That said chef, how many people have 'prohibited' handguns in Canada? Think it would be different in the USA?

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good question, if you make it so the population can't sell their weapons unless it's to others who have owned these classes of weapons already you really restrict the market.

Lots of people own illegal weapons in Canada but they don't sell them back and forth too much. I'm not trying to get in to a discussion about the merits or legalities of gun ownership. I'm just saying that in this case maybe the bubble could be popped at any time and the guns would be worth a lot less.

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Yes, I understand. I was wondering what the trade back and forth was in Canada because my guess is you would see the same thing here.

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote