New
Find
Notify
Tools

S&W model 63 kit gun NIB
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just bought a stainless Model 63 with 4" barrel 22LR that has never been fired from a collection. Question is of its value. I would like to use it but dont want to use the mona lisa to mop the floor. will the value really go doown that much, I doubt the difference will effect my retirment, any thoughts?

Posts: 59 | Location: Southern Maryland | Registered: 26 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got one of those M63's when they first came out in .22LR.

It's not that easy for me to shoot well what with it's small grip and no place to rest my other hand.

It's the next gun I would sell as I don't like it. I just found it's box so it's going up to the dealer here to get rid of it.

My favorite:

Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes instead of what someone else says.

When we go to the doctor they ask us what lens we like!

Do that with your optics.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
yeah Its small but for critters in the chicken coupe it will do, better then a rifle, it is also a good fit for my kids learning to shoot, from what I gather its not all that special, it does have the square butt though. Just wondering why a collector would have one.

Posts: 59 | Location: Southern Maryland | Registered: 26 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Because he is a collector the collect things.

I think they are very nice guns.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a wonderfully useful hand gun. light compact cheap to shoot simple to maintain and use. Why not take it out and use it?

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1226 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
My father was an old farm boy who grew up to be a university professor. He always said that books are meant to be used and no one got extra credit for having unmarked copies. A well-used, marked up book got his respect.

For me, the same principle applies to guns. I have this exact model which has had a trigger job and Pachmayr grips. It is a perfect user pistol and one of my absolute favorites. It is meant to be used.

That does not mean that you have to beat it up, but it is not like an unmarked Peacemaker.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also bought a model 63 when they first came out. Think I paid about $175 for it and sold it a few years ago for $400. You are correct that the increae in value will have no reflection on your retirement.

Posts: 85 | Location: VA | Registered: 27 August 2009Reply With Quote