Find
Notify
Tools

source for gun racks
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
Recently had a very positive experience with a guy that makes gun racks.

Had a need for a gun rack for the older shotguns I've been tinkering on. Had too many in the safes and didn't like leaning them up against corners in my gun room as they awaited parts or range testing. Didn't need an expensive/hardwood piece of furniture but did want a sturdy rack that doesn't look like I cobbled it together in my garage. Did some searching on the 'net and found a guy in Georgia that makes a variety of reasonably priced gun racks and can customize them to your needs.

He does online direct sales of his gun racks and all communications are done via email. I get the idea he is a one-man operation and doesn't want interuptions by phone calls when he's in production. He promptly responded to my emails and he came up with a design at a reasonable price so I sent him a check. He's backlogged a bit but quouted me a date ~three weeks out that the rack would be completed and shipped. It was done on schedule and he sent me shipping notification and tracking link.

The rack came shipped unassembled, very well packaged, and took less than ten minutes to assemble. The workmanship was very good. The man knows what he is doing in the wood shop (I once worked part-time in a cabinet shop and know proper fit/finish when I see it).

If you have a need for a rack in the shop, hunting cabin, gun shows, shoots, that is way beyond some imported chinese junk or 1x4's nailed together, I highly recommend this guy. He offers a lot of different styles, finished or unfinished, and can customize. It was a positive experience and he does exactly what he said he will do. Money well spent.

Here's a link....

http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinRacks.htm

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Matt. Good find.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bwananelson
posted Hide Post
nice

DRSS,SCI.
ZOLI 9.3X74R (2)
Zoli 450 400 NE
Merkel 470 NE
V-C 600 NE
VICTOR SARASQUETA 375

Posts: 351 | Location: deltona florida | Registered: 09 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Those are indeed nice, well constructed website too.
For something fancy for showing off high-grade guns, a converted antique bookcase or china cabinet is very classy. Not high security, but something to enjoy when you are at home or entertaining sportsman friends. A friend bought a quarter-sawn oak bookcase with carvings, claw feet, glass doors and ends, etc., removed the shelves and replaced with spacers and butt stands, beautiful, kinda wish I had one, but I'm more concerned with security and discretion.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote